The MT-07 Forum

Hightop Riding Shoes For wide feet?

DewMan

• Premium Member

My apologies if this has been covered before but my forum search came up empty.
I wear wide width shoes and I was wondering if anyone else with wide feet could provide some quality brands that make riding footwear for a Neanderthal such as myself?

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

• Premium Member
I got a pair of the Sidi Vertigo Megas. The megas are designed for wider feed. They're on closeout right now at a lot of online sites
https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/sidi-vertigo-mega-rain-boots

- fellow Neanderthal
Thanks for the response @i28. it's much appreciated. Those are nice boots, though bigger than the hightops I'm hoping for. Too bad I haven't found anyone that still has them in stock in my 45/10.5 4E size. :( If anyone else knows of any other  brands I need to consider, I'd appreciate it.
I wonder if @beemer knows of any? I think I remember him mention wide feet in another thread.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

I got a pair of the Sidi Vertigo Megas. The megas are designed for wider feed. They're on closeout right now at a lot of online sites
https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/sidi-vertigo-mega-rain-boots

- fellow Neanderthal
Thanks for the response @i28. it's much appreciated. Those are nice boots, though bigger than the hightops I'm hoping for. Too bad I haven't found anyone that still has them in stock in my 45/10.5 4E size. :( If anyone else knows of any other  brands I need to consider, I'd appreciate it.
I wonder if @beemer knows of any? I think I remember him mention wide feet in another thread.

Ask and though shalt receive a reply, ha! I did find and buy some high tops at Revzilla. They're on CLOSEOUT so if you want them you'd better hurry. I like them because they do have some protection (not like a good boot) but they are light, easy to walk in and flow a lot of air. ([HASH]1 reason I bought them) Doesn't say but they do run wide. I love mine! Enough blah, blah, blah! Here they are! https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/alpinestars-joey-shoes

- Neanderthal rights matter! :D

Beemer

• Premium Member
Ask and though shalt receive a reply, ha! I did find and buy some high tops at Revzilla. They're on CLOSEOUT so if you want them you'd better hurry. I like them because they do have some protection (not like a good boot) but they are light, easy to walk in and flow a lot of air. ([HASH]1 reason I bought them) Doesn't say but they do run wide. I love mine! Enough blah, blah, blah! Here they are! https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/alpinestars-joey-shoes

Thanks @beemer nice find. Can you speak to the sizing of them? Are they  true to size? I normally wear a 10.5 wide in NewBalance sneakers. 
@i28 they're down to one size which wasn't mine.. but I appreciate your efforts on my behalf. :)

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

Thanks @beemer nice find. Can you speak to the sizing of them? Are they  true to size? I normally wear a 10.5 wide in NewBalance sneakers. 
@i28 they're down to one size which wasn't mine.. but I appreciate your efforts on my behalf. :)

They seem to be true to size to me. I noticed though that the all black ones aren't available in 10.5 so if you want them you'll have to decide on whether to go with 10's or 11's. (keep the shift peg in mind) ;) 

Beemer

• Premium Member

RESOLVED!

After reading how all the EU sizes run narrow & what a hassle it is to find anything offered in a wide width. I had trepidations that it would be a major hassle to find something that fits. I normally wear US 10.5 W(ide) in shoes such as New Balance sneakers (trainers) as well as most other styles of shoes.

I walked into my local dealer that has a decent selection of riding boots and was fully expecting to be disappointed. Hoping against hope, that I'd be lucky enough to find something that fit, I went for my first choice of boots which is the Alpinestars "SMX-1 R Vented" which are Cat 2 CE rated short boots/hghtops.
 I tried a EU 45 (US 10.5) size on first thinking they would be too narrow but I was shocked that they actually fit my feet like comfy slippers. After getting over the initial shock I realized they were a little too roomy if you can believe that. So I tried on a EU 44 just to make sure I wasn't crazy. The 44s (US 9.5) fit snuggly but not cramping my feet. I've never before in my life found a pair of US 9.5s that would come close to fitting my feet. But these feel awesome! I wore them out of the store and haven't taken them off in the last 4 hours and they're still comfortable. I haven't had the chance to ride with them yet but I did some "test shifts" on one of the showroom bikes and they felt great.

I paid the list price of $159, which is the same price as all the online sources I checked. Alpinestars seem to sell at MSRP regardless of where they're sold. [strong]So If you're looking for proper fitting riding boots I STRONGLY suggest you try them on locally if you can or you could end up with very poorly fitted boots.[/strong]

alpinestars_SMX_1_R_Vented_small.jpg

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

• 3 weeks later...
RESOLVED!

After reading how all the EU sizes run narrow & what a hassle it is to find anything offered in a wide width. I had trepidations that it would be a major hassle to find something that fits. I normally wear US 10.5 W(ide) in shoes such as New Balance sneakers (trainers) as well as most other styles of shoes.

I walked into my local dealer that has a decent selection of riding boots and was fully expecting to be disappointed. Hoping against hope, that I'd be lucky enough to find something that fit, I went for my first choice of boots which is the Alpinestars "SMX-1 R Vented" which are Cat 2 CE rated short boots/hghtops.
 I tried a EU 45 (US 10.5) size on first thinking they would be too narrow but I was shocked that they actually fit my feet like comfy slippers. After getting over the initial shock I realized they were a little too roomy if you can believe that. So I tried on a EU 44 just to make sure I wasn't crazy. The 44s (US 9.5) fit snuggly but not cramping my feet. I've never before in my life found a pair of US 9.5s that would come close to fitting my feet. But these feel awesome! I wore them out of the store and haven't taken them off in the last 4 hours and they're still comfortable. I haven't had the chance to ride with them yet but I did some "test shifts" on one of the showroom bikes and they felt great.

I paid the list price of $159, which is the same price as all the online sources I checked. Alpinestars seem to sell at MSRP regardless of where they're sold. [strong]So If you're looking for proper fitting riding boots I STRONGLY suggest you try them on locally if you can or you could end up with very poorly fitted boots.[/strong]

alpinestars_SMX_1_R_Vented_small.jpg

Those are nice, glad you found something that you like and fits you well. Do they seem a little cooler than non perforated boots? 

Beemer

• Premium Member

@beemer I'm not exactly feeling the breeze 'tween my toes with them but they're not sweating either. I Can't say whether they're cooler than non-perf'ed boots since I've never had boots before these. Always wore street shoes.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

Alpinestars and Forma's boots seem to both have large toe boxes. You'll not find anything in Forma's line like those perforated Alpinestars.

Archived