The MT-07 Forum

M4 Exhaust and the stage 2 baffle option

ccmike

Also does anyone know of a quieter exhaust than the M4 from experience in person? I am likely going to sell the M4 I just put on if I can find a quieter one. I'm going to have it welded tomorrow so maybe it'll peak some interest since it will be a "full system".
How quiet are you wanting? Could try a drilled stock exhaust.
I think that's essentially what I'm looking for but with better looks. The stock exhaust is heavy and ugly.  
Im guessing that what I'm looking for doesn't exist?  id even go a bit louder than drilled exhaust if it meant a better looking one. 

Based on what you said above it sounds like you should go with a Q4 baffle and keep your M4 exhaust. It will be quieter, it's just not the dramatic difference that some were hoping for. I like the way mine sounds now and have no plans to swap exhausts.

• 1 month later...
patrickghost

Hey ya'll, what's the bolt size for the original Baffle that comes with m4 exhaust? I seemed to have lost mine and want to buy anew one!! Thanks in advance

• 5 months later...

So to drag this back up, how many of you drive with earplugs in?  I always do and wonder how that affects this.  I now have a pair or S-plugs that I plug into my Sena.  Essentially earplugs with a hearing aid driver.  Blocks out wind noise, and I'm guessing would help significantly with exhaust drone.  And my music sounds great.  Wonder how the exhaust would sound to others on a phone call tho.

• 10 months later...
On 4/13/2017 at 2:51 PM, aaron said:

I just got the baffle yesterday. Threw it in and went for a ride. In my opinion it is not a HUGE difference in sound from the baffle the M4 comes with. It is a little quieter, and now the bike has less "freeway drone." It is quieter, but if you are looking for a big change you will be disappointed. It still sounds plenty mean! I plan to keep it in.

I will say this though. The bike runs better and I feel like I got a little power back. I was saving for an EJK and I don't think I will bother buying one now and just run the Q4 baffle. The engine braking is stronger again too. I know some folks don't like that but I love a bike with heavy engine braking.

I included a pic of both baffles. You could make this baffle pretty easy. Had I seen a pic before I bought it I would have just made my own. f65acc451106661487486be37f39545d.jpga229dfb4f9ffdde35a3296d5fc63d088.jpg

Hi Aaron

Did your M4 slip-on have the small baffle on the left already installed? 
I recently bought a used FZ07 and the previous owner had already installed the M4 slip-on. However I dont see such a baffle inside my slip-on. I suspect the prev owner got rid of it. My slip-on on the inside is nothing but a long cylinder with some holes in it. 

I am trying to figure out if I am running without a baffle.

Picture for reference :

20181002_193553.jpg

looks like you dont have a baffle. You would have an allen screw in the bottom at 6 oclock on the inside if you had a baffle there. You also would not be able to see all the way down the tube if you had one.

Archived