The MT-07 Forum

Shrike mounts saddle bags

markstertt

Timing is everything they say, recently I've been searching for a clean and simple side bag solution for short trips but haven't found exactly what I liked and was considering making some mounts for some available bag...until our new vendor Shrike mounts appeared. I've never had or wanted side bags before so would like to know if any of you guys or gals have any opinions or experiences that may generate some discussion or questions for me. At this time, I feel that this Shrike setup might just do it...thanks, Mark

• Global Moderator

I moved it for you.

I like the looks of the Shrike bags. The mounting system looks really innovative and easy to install.

I moved it for you.  
I like the looks of the Shrike bags. The mounting system looks really innovative and easy to install.
Thanks for the move. After conversing with James, I decided to give his bags and mounts a try with the 'in close and tight' option. I was looking for small, easy mount bags so I'm hoping these do the trick. 

Guest 2wheeler
Timing is everything they say, recently I've been searching for a clean and simple side bag solution for short trips but haven't found exactly what I liked and was considering making some mounts for some available bag...until our new vendor Shrike mounts appeared. I've never had or wanted side bags before so would like to know if any of you guys or gals have any opinions or experiences that may generate some discussion or questions for me. At this time, I feel that this Shrike setup might just do it...thanks, Mark
It took me a minute to find this old thread, but here is an idea for you. 
https://fz07.org/thread/5295/mounted-nelson-rigg-tail-bag

I thought the idea of permanently mounting a Nelson-Rigg 1060S directly to the rear seat/pillion (read the whole thread) was nothing short of brilliant, and it looks good too!

I went as far as buying a used pillion on ebay for $30 delivered, but the idea fizzled out from there. It's in the works for this riding season. The NR bag permanently mounted to the seat allows you to very easily pop on the seat/bag combo whenever you need it, and then put your regular pillion back on when you need/want that cool look factor. It also makes it a lot tougher for a quick thief to get your stuff due to them not being able to quickly cut/unbuckle the straps and run with your bag.

Just thought I would add another option for you.

The Shrike Bags & mounts arrived very quickly, are well made, have good instructions and mount so quickly it's ridiculous. The passenger peg mount is rather clever and is adjustable to swing the rear of the bags in line with the taper of the tail or out to run parallel with the bike centerline allowing them to clear (just) my Yosh tail tidy mounted stock signals. I like the looks of them mounted in tight so will remove the large stock blinkers and install a Motodynamics integrated lite and maybe smaller Led signals at a later date. I plan to also use the similar Nelson-Rigg 1060 tail bag for a little extra space.

A very nice product and when I get the rest of the bike back together I'll try to add some pictures...Mark

Archived