The MT-07 Forum

Carbon Fiber Vinyl Wrap

rxSpeeD

Wow man that looks great!!!! I've been thinking about getting a wrap done... It's only a few pieces but I know wraps tend to be pretty pricey.. How much did this set you back if you don't mind me asking??

Wow man that looks great!!!! I've been thinking about getting a wrap done... It's only a few pieces but I know wraps tend to be pretty pricey.. How much did this set you back if you don't mind me asking??

For small pieces like these, it's pretty cheap. Vvivid vinyl wrap on Amazon. Total cost of about $40. I bought one 1ft x 5ft for the 2 front fender fairings, and two 1.5ft x 5ft for the tank fairings, seat cowl, and windscreen.

• Premium Member

Not a CF fan, I'm a colour guy at heart. Regardless, great looking job.

I picked up the same "savage" windscreen for $35 from aliexpress and man it looks really solid at all angles on our bike; China actually came through for once. 8-)

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• Global Moderator

Looks good. I will be curious how it holds up, especially where your legs will be rubbing on it.

Looks like you took your time and it shows. Good looking wrap job. I also fall into the "not a huge fan" category for carbon fiber, but the bike looks good nonetheless. I am also interested in learning how long these products hold up over time and use. I think I recall reading elsewhere that 12 months is about average.

• Premium Member

Nice. Great job. I just have dilemma (my own personal one) when I considered it since the pattern only goes in one direction. I'd want it to mirror itself down the middle.

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

Looks good. I will be curious how it holds up, especially where your legs will be rubbing on it.

I've ridden around 400 miles with the wrap so far and still looks great, but I'll be getting some tank grips soon.

Looks like you took your time and it shows. Good looking wrap job. I also fall into the "not a huge fan" category for carbon fiber, but the bike looks good nonetheless. I am also interested in learning how long these products hold up over time and use. I think I recall reading elsewhere that 12 months is about average.

The pictures don't show the small imperfections, but for my first wrap job, I'm pleased with it.

This vinyl wrap is the same one used on cars and according to the videos I've seen, they should last a couple years. Of course, if you keep rubbing on the vinyl with your legs, it will probably wear sooner.

Nice. Great job. I just have dilemma (my own personal one) when I considered it since the pattern only goes in one direction. I'd want it to mirror itself down the middle.

I thought about that too before I wrapped it, but I don't mind it now that it's finished.

topazsparrow

I'm not sure how familiar you guys are all with vinyl wrap, but the fact that OP got that pattern on that straight without stretching it over the sides of the tank is seriously impressive....

When I did mine, I had to pre-stretch the fuck out of it to make it around those sides and have enough shrink left in it to not wrinkle up on the convex surfaces. Well done OP.

When I read the title of the thread I though " Oh God...fake carbon fibre ...what next", but it looks really good. If you mentally look at it as a patterned finish rather than fake CF it is very classy looking.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

outdoorfunguy01
I just finished vinyl wrapping my plain white FZ with carbon fiber This is what it used to look like

3_19_17_Kevin_Lee_79665.jpg

This is with the new wrap

IMG_20170402_104948.jpg

free online image storage

IMG_20170402_105006.jpg

IMG_20170402_105017.jpg

IMG_20170402_105042.jpg

IMG_20170402_105857.jpg

What do you guys think?

Wow, that looks freakin' awesome! I'll consider doing my own vinyl wrap project as well but will probably seek some professional help from Gatorwraps.

I think if you wrapped my bike I would wrap my arms around you ... give you a big ol' guy hug! Looks good!
untitled.png

Beemer

• 3 months later...
  • Premium Member

I'm a little late to the thread, but that looks really nice! @rxspeed is there any tips and tricks you could offer on the wrapping process?  I'd be interested to hear.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived