Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
shrike1

FZ-07 Shrike Bag Mount Pictures

shrike1
Hello,

You might have noticed we went a little quiet here at ShrikeMounts.  We listened to your feedback and used it to make some tweaks to our design.  Attached is a video showing our updated "low" configuration.  This set up will allow you to lock the bags and to lock them to your bike.  It will also fit any configuration of turn signals/fender eliminators (at least that we've seen to date) and has a few aesthetic improvements as well.  Hopefully helps meet your needs.  Let us know if you have any questions.

James & Suzanne

Oh yeah - we also worked on fitting the Ninja 300, Ninja 650 and we're working on more models all the time.  Feel free to aim your friends who ride our way!

[video src=https://youtu.be/8Rtq-WXzF5I]
  • Like 4

shrike1

Hello again.  The locking system for the bags is also available on the high mount bags.  You would have to just use a lock or fastener to lock the system to the bike.  This is shown earlier in the thread if you're interested.

Happy riding,

James & Suzanne

Hello, 
You might have noticed we went a little quiet here at ShrikeMounts.  We listened to your feedback and used it to make some tweaks to our design.  Attached is a video showing our updated "low" configuration.  This set up will allow you to lock the bags and to lock them to your bike.  It will also fit any configuration of turn signals/fender eliminators (at least that we've seen to date) and has a few aesthetic improvements as well.  Hopefully helps meet your needs.  Let us know if you have any questions.

James & Suzanne

Oh yeah - we also worked on fitting the Ninja 300, Ninja 650 and we're working on more models all the time.  Feel free to aim your friends who ride our way!

[video src=https://youtu.be/8Rtq-WXzF5I]

• Like 1

Eastern Kayaker

My Shrike Mount Bags arrived yesterday, so I installed them. This was a very easy and quick install. These bags on my bike are the “High” mount configuration, since I have a stock rear fender and turn signals.  I selected the locking option that enables you to lock the zippered flap on each bag. There is another locking option that enables you to lock the bags to the bike. These locking options are added at no additional cost. The Shrike Mount bags cost me $395 with free shipping. The luggage locks you see on each bag are not part of the Shrike system. I purchased these luggage locks from Amazon. The owners of Shrike Mount systems (James and Suzanne) were great. They promptly answered my questions and quickly processed my order. Here are a few pics:

9D204746-E52D-4C47-AA41-09010A189F9A.thumb.jpeg.042a83580d7fe5b54a1f86bb33fffca5.jpeg

171F6499-2B64-4DF6-95A4-0E04EA8C9A3A.thumb.jpeg.5becc1f4c6a6f154eb23a532e039881a.jpeg

5BB50F9D-51FB-4CBB-B573-CFB081842851.thumb.jpeg.875dd802e82fa654161310182e280d14.jpeg

• Like 2

Zephyr

Happy to see someone invested in this system.  I had thought from the outset that it was a genuinely good idea.  It's a system that I would be looking into if I was to get saddlebags, though I would prefer hard case.  👊

shrike1

Hi everyone.  We've had lots of requests for larger bags.  We don't have a larger bag under our brand, but part of what's nice about the system is the flexibility.  Here are some pictures of Nelson Rigg's CL-890 bags mounted on our system.  We haven't done a lot of testing with the larger bags yet, but we thought we'd share them here on the forum since folks have asked about it.

CL890 RP FZ07.JPG

CL890 Rear FZ07.JPG

IMG_0166.JPG

Edited by shrike1
Deleted the first top view - wrong bag.
  • Like 3

Cruizin
On 10/16/2017 at 1:24 AM, Zephyr said:

Happy to see someone invested in this system.  I had thought from the outset that it was a genuinely good idea.  It's a system that I would be looking into if I was to get saddlebags, though I would prefer hard case.  👊

Problem with hard bags is they break/crack/scratch up way too easily. ADV rider is full of pics of broken hard bags. 

• Like 1

shrike1

Lots of choices out there and lots of reasons to choose one system over another.  Our system is just an option that really tries to maximize ease of use and minimize the impact on aesthetics.  We did have a Ninja 650 customer tell us they had a parking lot fall and the system protected the plastics from damage.  He just popped the dents out of the bag and said you couldn't even tell it had been in a fall.  We've had a couple of other "crash tests" and other than some road rash the bags and mounting system held up fine.  I wouldn't claim they prevent crash damage, but they do hold up pretty well.

• Like 2