The MT-07 Forum

Switching from Battlax to Michelin PR4s???

Guest 2wheeler

Yet I find the PR3s really harsh, for whatever reason. Not that it matters, but they are really hard to the touch as well, and will not deflect when pushed even with fairly low tyre pressure. I found the Pirelli Stradas to ride very smooth and compliant, and also the PR4s were fine, although both where fitted to heavier bikes than the MT07.

I agree with you faffi. PR3's had an  uncharacteristic feel to them, like the Bridges s23 do. The PR3's were not as vicious as the S23's but, yes, quite skewed in a stiff direction for both manufacturers. Makes you think they were designed for something specific.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

Just went for a 40 mile ride, and my concern in my initial post seems to be real - the seat height went up somewhere between .5-.75" which pretty well sucks. I was at my comfortable limit with me being on the balls of my feet standing up on the bike. The FZ is so light and flickable/well balanced that it isn't a problem. Now I'm all the way on my tip-toes, and backing the bike while sitting on it is a little bit of a pain.

I have a set of Bitubos that I am going to put on (XZE11 shock and JBH for cartridges), and hopefully the seat height is not going to get higher. If any of you have put that Bitubo combo on your FZ, let me know what to expect. Thanks

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, FZ07R WaNaB said:

I have a set of Bitubos that I am going to put on (XZE11 shock and JBH for cartridges), and hopefully the seat height is not going to get higher. If any of you have put that Bitubo combo on your FZ, let me know what to expect. Thanks

I have the Bitubo XZE11 & JBH combo and the bolt to bolt length was the exact same as stock.

But with a more properly spec'ed spring for my weight It's probably got less sag than stock so it may be sitting higher. But not so high that I notice the difference, but I was, and still am, flat footed on the FZ-07. 

I don't care if I had to wear platform shoes, I'd still use the Bitubo combo over stock anyday. ✌️

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

• 2 weeks later...
njdevils1990

I had the PR3s on my '15 FZ-07 and loved them. I have the Bridgestones on my '17 FZ-07 and don't care for them at all. Once they are worn out I'm replacing them with the Michelin Road 5s.

2003 Buell XB9R (2011-2011) Crashed
2009 Buell 1125CR (2011-2013) Sold
2015 Yamaha FZ-07 (2014-?) Current

308144.png

Archived