The MT-07 Forum

M4 exhaust install

acj95

Installed M4 exhaust on 2016 FZ 07 this weekend. Not much to report as it is pretty straight forward. I will recommend a couple of tips though. I think the best way to cut your stock pipes is with a new 18 tooth hacksaw blade. Although it's a little slower than grinders or sawzalls,the cut is so much cleaner. Ten minutes tops with minimum prep for slip fit. Also use a good copper high temp silicone RTV. Apply a bead on headers and slip-on, slide on and tighten up. Resist the urge for 24 hours for good cure.

Installed M4 exhaust on 2016 FZ 07 this weekend. Not much to report as it is pretty straight forward. I will recommend a couple of tips though. I think the best way to cut your stock pipes is with a new 18 tooth hacksaw blade. Although it's a little slower than grinders or sawzalls,the cut is so much cleaner. Ten minutes tops with minimum prep for slip fit. Also use a good copper high temp silicone RTV. Apply a bead on headers and slip-on, slide on and tighten up. Resist the urge for 24 hours for good cure.
Good to know - I have an M4 on order. Also second the video request.

ducttapewd40

I used a band saw to cut mine, but I'm kind of lucky that my work shares a building with a small machine shop.

• 2 weeks later...

just installed my M4 slip on and end up having a leak where header and slip on connects. i ordered that copper high temp silicone RTV off amazon and ill have to reinstall again next weekend. is it ok to use the silicone on header gasket as well? also, what happens if you keep riding with an exhaust leak?

thanks
pete

Archived