The MT-07 Forum

TST tail light question

rekki

for those with this tail light. When it came, did it have some nicks and scratches like the pic below? Mine came like this and tst says they all come with these issues because of the plastic and molding. So they're not perfect. 
IMG_0627.jpg

IMG_0628.jpg

IMG_0630.jpg

IMG_0631.jpg

IMG_0632.jpg

To be honest I didn't really notice any small scratches or nicks on mine. It was pretty clean and smooth when I did a quick once over. Realistically you're gonna get it scuffed up from rocks/oil flying up off ur tire and wiping the bike down. I wouldn't be upset or overly OCD about it hehe

'15 Pearl White FZ-07 | Yoshi R77 Exhaust | ECU Reflash | Mad Hornets Shorty Levers | EvoTech Rad Guard | Yamaha Comfort Saddle | TST Industries Integrated Taillight | Motodynamics Fender Eliminator | Yamaha OEM Front LED Signals | Phillips MaxVision 130+ Bulb | OES Front/Rear Axle Sliders | Driven Racing TT Rearsets | Woodcraft 1.5" Clip-Ons | Woodcraft Engine & Water Pump Crash Cover | OEM Motocage Cage | LEDGlow SMD Mini Advanced Lighting Kit | Gilles Tooling Gauge Relocation Kit |

Mine has zero imperfections, but I can barely see anything on yours. It is dark so it's bound to show even the slightest blemish. Stop fretting and ride!

Mine has zero imperfections, but I can barely see anything on yours. It is dark so it's bound to show even the slightest blemish. Stop fretting and ride!

It's there, just doesn't show as well in pictures...I just decided to put it on cuz it's hardly noticeable and rocks would chip it anyways. Still, since I'm paying $100 I would want the product to come looking new without cosmetic defects...

• 3 weeks later...

I had no issues with my TST smoked tail light. Next to my fender eliminator, that was the best investment yet.

Mine was pretty clean and scratch free when I got it but the knicks on yours don't look too bad. I'm not sure I would've noticed it either way. Regardless, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Archived