The MT-07 Forum

PCV vs EJK vs Tune difference

rekki

• Premium Member

What are you looking to accomplish? List what you would like to change or whatnot... This will help us answer your question with better clarification

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

Guest 2wheeler
Can someone explain the difference between each one, and which option is the best?
Your best bet is either to go the ECU Flash forum or Recent Topics forum and start putting keywords into their search boxes.... then start reading.  
There has been a ton of stuff written on the differences between the different ways to get better performance out of the FZ-07 through tuning on this website. Everyone seems to have their own opinion, and I find that I learn the most through reading as much as I can, then forming my own opinions from my research.

They all work with both pros and cons. You need to figure out what you want - you will find plenty of info to help you with that.

• Premium Member

Ive run both albeit with different configs so I cant say one or the other. As others have said it depends on what results youre looking for and what config youre using or plan to use.  Theres a ton of info on both floating around the forum. 

Im currently running the PCV with Hordpower's airfilter and its a completely different animal. Damn its good.

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

I plan to eventually put an exhaust on and I hear it may or may not require a PCV/EJK/Tune. From my limited understanding the PCV and EJK are similar, and all they do is allow you to put different maps on your bike kinda like a Cobb Accessport for WRX/STI. And the tune is just a ECU tune that someone created, they just put a map on your ECU. Correct me if i'm wrong.

With the ejk you only modify the fuelling while the PCV also modify the ignition timing. You can get the power Commander fuel controller if you want something similar to the ejk. For the rest you are right the tune is a dyno tuned map that replace the stock one,you have to send it back and forth every time you want something changed.

For me from a price point and the availability of the parts I choose the pcfc since it was half the price of the ejk/PCV/tune and I received it 2 days after my order.

Since I'm only planning running my yoshi r77 exhaust I think it will be enough.

Archived