Sign in to follow this  
redrover

Yamaha Tank Pads

redrover
I ordered a set of the Yamaha Tank pads and installed them this weekend.  They are a thick carbon fiber printed vinyl resin; fairly simple install.  Spent a fair bit of time eyeballing the right and left sides of the bike to ensure I had them even and in the ideal location.  

The directions that come with the pads is for a center tank protector, not the side tank pads; in other words, useless.  I used the photos of the white bike on the Yamaha site with all the accessories installed, as a model, and just used my usual methods of graphics installation without too much issue.  

The pads are not textured, but being vinyl resin, they have a rubbery, grippy feel.  They conform well to the curves of the tank panels, and seem very durable.  And they look good as well!

001-Copy_zps31e60776.jpg
  • Like 3

2015 FZ-07
2013 TU250X - Sold!

TwistedTorque
They look really good. Could use a pair of those in the future. Not sure how I feel about words being on them though. I'd prefer a more plain look personally.

qjohnson
Yeah that definitely looks good! I thought about getting these but I also like the plain look. Having two fz-07 logos on each side if the bike might be a little much for me. I'll prolly pick up a set in the future and peel the logo off the tail.

hippiebikerchick
I really really like how that looks, especially on our rapid red bikes!

Illegitimi non carborundum

nmucat
I like how it looks with your red bike. I also like the flat black helmet with the 07

cassecou
I also like the flat black helmet with the 07
Yea, what the story on that helmet? 

redrover
I also like the flat black helmet with the 07
That's an Icon Airmada in the Rubatone finish; a matte black with a rubbery feel.  Doesn't show smudges or fingerprints nearly as much as other matte finishes.

2015 FZ-07
2013 TU250X - Sold!

gksodah
That's an Icon Airmada in the Rubatone finish; a matte black with a rubbery feel.  Doesn't show smudges or fingerprints nearly as much as other matte finishes.

Plastidipping your helmet is always an option as well :)

The video is a tid douchetastic, but shows the general idea.