The MT-07 Forum

Street Legal FZ-07R Build

miah

This was my exact intention when I first saw the 07R kits - I really wanted all the performance and suspensions mods but to leave the bike naked. I doubt I could pour that much money into the bike but it sure would be sweet. If you don't mind me asking, how much did the parts cost you?

• Like 1

Awesome!  
Curious. What else is needed to get that r6 front to work with our bikes?
All you need is a new upper bearing that you can order from FZ07R.com
  • Like 1

This was my exact intention when I first saw the 07R kits - I really wanted all the performance and suspensions mods but to leave the bike naked. I doubt I could pour that much money into the bike but it sure would be sweet. If you don't mind me asking, how much did the parts cost you?
I decided to go with more expensive parts and I have paid about $7,000 in parts but it can be done cheaper. I am still deciding to make a bracket to use the stock headlight so that some one can build a naked 07r.
  • Like 1

Wow, amazing! Are you planning on getting the short stroke crank and boring to 699cc?
Sadly no, it's not in the budget right now.

Did a little bit more disassembly last night. Installed the new link an rear shock. Please ignore the dirty bike, she going to get a good bath when it's all said and done.
IMG_20170323_232853282.jpg

IMG_20170324_240838089.jpg

IMG_20170324_240723934.jpg

IMG_20170324_240704553.jpg

• Like 1

When you get to putting them on, could you measure how much the rear set brackets move the pegs up and back?

Oh and looking good. Cant wait to see how everything comes out.

Dan

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Quite interesting, but you realize that you are going to give an entirely different meaning to naked-bike even if yours is clothed, so to speak, "...so please bare with me." :D:D:D

• Like 1

Nice pile of parts, is it still possible to use the side stand with APmotoarts rear set plates? Mark

I am working on a solution right now I'll post what happens.

Nice pile of parts, is it still possible to use the side stand with APmotoarts rear set plates? Mark

I am working on a solution right now I'll post what happens.
Thanks, interested in your solution. 

Hey Miah,
[span]    Where are you located? I tried to PM you, but i got an error message that said I can't pm anyone but staff members. I'm guessing its because I am new to this forum. I was just at Andy's today (AP Moto), discussing a similar idea. Love to trade thoughts if your up for that. I'm interested in a different light system that I think will fit, but would like to see your thoughts on the R1M lights...

[/span]-Brian 
(Garbodp)

Hey Miah, [span]    Where are you located? I tried to PM you, but i got an error message that said I can't pm anyone but staff members. I'm guessing its because I am new to this forum. I was just at Andy's today (AP Moto), discussing a similar idea. Love to trade thoughts if your up for that. I'm interested in a different light system that I think will fit, but would like to see your thoughts on the R1M lights...

[/span]-Brian 
(Garbodp)
Pm sent

So here is the new progress.
IMG957275.jpg

IMG_20170325_034726406.jpg

IMG_7262.jpg

IMG_7267.jpg

I didnt know where these plates went in the kit and didnt have time to call at work so I figured it out if any one was wondering.
IMG_20170325_014119897.jpg

IMG_20170325_020712351.jpg

IMG_20170325_021238216.jpg

IMG_20170327_211537225.jpg

With the new rear set plates on I had to remove the old plate that the kick stand mounted on. I got some longer bolts M10-1.25x75 from lowes and had to dremel out one of the wholes a little bit to get it to work. I still have to trim the belly pan a bit to clear when its down but it clears when its up.
IMG_20170326_200139089_TOP.jpg

• Like 3

Are the r6 wheels lighter than the fz-07 wheels?

No but I didn't research that. The conversion allows you to use lighter wheels if you have them.

• 4 weeks later...