The MT-07 Forum

Front fork cartidges

pdt155

Hey guys, I know there is a whole sticky thread under the suspension section. Mods if this is against rules go ahead and move it, but I want to get opinions of the guys actually racing, not just street riding.

So what carts are you guys putting in? I'm leaning towards the nix 22mm ids from ohlins, as I have heard it is almost identical to the ktech ids, while being cheaper. I have heard both are a step up from the andreani, however for someone not super near lap record pace, how far off are they?

My rear shock is the ktech razor-r from ap moto arts. Previously leaning ktech ids in front to keep it the same, but open to opinions.

I've mentioned this before but here's my .02.

Get whatever your local trackside vendor or local speedshop sells/services. You'll be glad you did down the road.  As long as it is a decent quality system you'll be happier with the convenience and service/repair vs tearing it out, shipping it to timbucto, waiting 6 weeks, calling customer service waiting another 4 weeks then putting it back in after missing your next race. Unless you're one fast mfer they'll all outperform you. There are even custom fork options that rock if you choose to go that route as opposed to the more common Penske/AK20/Ktech/Ohlins/Andreani/insert name here co. Every track has one or more trackside vendors servicing the local racers equipment. See what the local racers are using (there'll be several choices) and go with one. Not to mention that relationship you develop with the vendors is invaluable to both parties down the road. Just resist being that guy who had to try the new system made on Kwajalein atol because you got a great deal on it. (He asks for help at every race)

Pin it till you see God, count to three, touch the brakes, drag you knee, repeat.
?

Well I'm in virginia and already have been racing in the mid-atlantic region for 3 years now, not really green anymore. The servicability of big names (ohlins, ktech, etc) has never been an issue. More looking to see if there were any particular reasons other racers went one way or the other. Gathering information to make a more well rounded decision.

Well I'm in virginia and already have been racing in the mid-atlantic region for 3 years now, not really green anymore. The servicability of big names (ohlins, ktech, etc) has never been an issue. More looking to see if there were any particular reasons other racers went one way or the other. Gathering information to make a more well rounded decision.
Right. I guess the point I was trying to make is that in the class we/these bikes run in I haven't been able to tell the difference between properly set up reputable mid level carts or emulators. I've yet to run a track where my front suspension is my limiting factor. Its always horsepower in lightweight. Sure there are $2500 - $3500 options too but the chassis/speed potential is not there to justify them.  So get something cheap and local that you like. I have Andrianis, my buddies 07 has Ohlins, another one has Andriani, yet another Ktech, all seem nice and they all want more power, not more suspension.  I think mid level suspension is more personal choice than this is better than that. We routinely get beat by a guy with springs and emulators, that'll Piss a guy off. (of course he's fast on a Huffy)

That totally make sense, I may end up just going with the Adreani just because they are slightly cheaper then, or maybe the ohlins as they are a good deal from sportbike track gear. Thanks!

Archived