The MT-07 Forum

Speed sensor location !?!?! (SOLVED!!)

Mr.Puss

• Premium Member

I would be forever indebted to the member who can pinpoint the exact location of the speed sensor. I've painstakingly searched schematics, google, forums, photos, you name it and nothing shows EXACTLY where this thing is. Ive easily spent more than an hour digging around this bike from front to back, high and low. To compound annoyances and confusion I have a few extra miles of wiring harnesses and crap throughout too. All I need to do is simply connect a wire from the PC-V...simply.  I cant button the bike up until this is sorted out.

Image search etc shows this thing, and I cant for the life of me find anything like it.....
[attachment id=2461" thumbnail="1]

Would someone please be willing to snap a pic and circle it or throw an arrow at this bad boy's location? Heck even a written description. For the love of God !!! :'( :'(

Very very much appreciated. 

• Like 1

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• Premium Member

It's a white wire with yellow stripe I believe that is in the 3 wire loom behind the starter...I will verify my statement in about 1hr when I get home...I know exactly what your asking...will include a picture...

• Like 1

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

I agree with the above post.
It's to the rear of the starter motor, underneath the two fuel tank hoses (vent hose and fuel filler neck drain) that are routed just to the rear of the starter motor.
If you gently move those two hoses out of the way and point a bright flashlight, you'll see this thing with a single Allen-headed bolt holding it down to the top of the crankcase.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Here it is... there are 2 connections in this location...the one you need is under the 4 wire connection with only 3 wires...the white wire with yellow stripe is the wire for the PCV to tap into to allow per gear mapping...
20170321_062801.jpg

• Like 2

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

It looks like you have lots of help on this already. I don't know anything about it but I do feel your stress so I will continue drinking heavily for you. ;)  GL!

• Like 2

Beemer

• Premium Member

Right on, you guys are awesome. Thanks very much.

15617158977_164b904e83_b.jpg

• Like 2

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• 1 year later...
  • Premium Member

I dunno if this applies to the FZ/MT/FJ-07 bikes with ABS or the soon to be released T7

• 7 months later...
On 3/21/2017 at 9:05 PM, norcal616 said:

Here it is... there are 2 connections in this location...the one you need is under the 4 wire connection with only 3 wires...the white wire with yellow stripe is the wire for the PCV to tap into to allow per gear mapping...
20170321_062801.jpg
 Do you have a picture where you tapped in for the speed healer as I can't find anything online or do you no where the green and white wire from the speedo healer go 

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Leihvi said:

its not for a speedo healer- its for running per gear mapping with a PowerCommader as far as I know... 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

We're able to do this. I am planning the same thing on a 2019 ABS MT07. I need to wire into the ECU for pre-map fueling for the power commander V.