The MT-07 Forum

Surprise in the mail today

azfz

Got home from a fun ride today and checked the mail and there was a surprise awaiting me. Ordered these last week and can't wait to get them installed. I've always had ASV levers on all my bikes so I saw no reason not to put these on my fz-07 :D

IMG_1886_zps3243b016.jpg

And easiest install ever. I had both levers swapped in under 5 minutes! The blue of the levers doesn't exactly match the blurple of the wheels and frame but I don't mind

IMG_1888_zps990d8433.jpg
IMG_1891_zps7c1054a2.jpg
IMG_1892_zpscdb1ce75.jpg

looking good. How they compare to the frame color.

They are lighter and more of a blue than the blurple of the wheels/frame

im not sure what the purpose of shorter levers, is it for people with little hands?  could someone tell me please

• Premium Member
crazycracka501
im not sure what the purpose of shorter levers, is it for people with little hands?  could someone tell me please
Two fingers....and I'll leave it at that  :-X

Make it stop!....Now make it go faster!

Its a combination of being able to adjust the distance between the lever and grip to match your hand size and to use 2vs 4 fingers so you always have a good grip on the bars.
The end result is more effective and safer shifting/braking

Yeah, it's too give you less leverage so your hands get tired faster, not a fan of short levers personally, try cutting a wrench in half and trying to use it... 

• Premium Member

I suppose in road racing or lane splitting they're less prone to being struck and causing a loss of control.

I like the middle path, the stock ones are longer than I may prefer but work. Short ones are just too short for me.

The blue looks nice.

Everything went braap.

I have plumber hands I use 2 fingers on the stock levers, you kids and your stupid spending lmao.

You idiots and your ignorant remarks lmao

• Global Moderator

There are obviously some differences of opinion on clutch levers (who would have thought that), but let's be civil and agree to disagree. Thanks guys.

• Premium Member

If you like them that's really all that matters. I too have a set coming, but in standard length.

I was all set to get the shorty versions, but then I had a chance to sample a set on an R1. I was hoping to use the shorty's for a 2 finger clutch pull without the lever hitting my ring finger, but it still snagged my knuckle just a little bit so I opted for the standard length instead.

I think it really comes down to personal preference. I like them both actually.

:)

- Paulie

Neither CRG or ASV have our bike listed. But it looks like FZ-09, FZ8 and FZ6R are all compatible (?) with FZ-07. Is that what you guys have ordered?
I noticed that you can fine tune the adjuster better on ASV, any other reason for preferring ASV vs. CRG or the other way around?

I think some of the CRG levers are cross compatible with the bikes you mentioned, one of the websites had the mt-07 CRG lever compatibility listed somewhere. I just ordered ASV levers direct, and it looks like they have something compatible for the fz-07, however it didn't ask exactly which levers they would be sending. Unfortunately the ASV levers are backordered and won't be in stock until the 19th. I'll just have to wait until then....

• Premium Member
Neither CRG or ASV have our bike listed. But it looks like FZ-09, FZ8 and FZ6R are all compatible (?) with FZ-07. Is that what you guys have ordered? I noticed that you can fine tune the adjuster better on ASV, any other reason for preferring ASV vs. CRG or the other way around?
I can't speak for the CRG stuff, but the ASV C/5 levers are listed on the Yamaha USA site as an official accessory.  When you click on them, there is a tab that says fitment, and lists all the bikes they fit.   
:)

- Paulie

Archived