The MT-07 Forum

Chinese LED tail lights,anyone using one?

reboot

I have the Motodynamic tail light installed on mine and I think it was worth it over the Chinese ones. It was easier to install (fitment was flush) and I know there's a certain level of quality in the build and wiring + 1 year warranty.

Considering this is a piece of equipment that hopefully prevents cars from rear-ending you, I wouldn't go cheap on it. Get the MD or the TST one!

You do you and I'll do me.

Kinda my thought as well. From the pics I found on ebay and the web I am not sure the tail light is as bright as I would like. Also all the "cheap" ones seem to only have a few rows of LEDS for braking and a row or two for signal,so you end up getting a pretty small stopping and signaling indicator,which is a big issue for me.

Guess I need to decided on the MD or TST light now....

Other than the obvious price difference, I believe the MD one comes with resistors (to prevent hyper-flashing) and the TST one doesn't (sold separately on their website). Both are plug-n-play wiring and have programmable patterns.

Both are solid investments! Also remember that you'll still need a fender eliminator to hold the license plate (unless you want to keep the OEM fender).

You do you and I'll do me.

Other than the obvious price difference, I believe the MD one comes with resistors (to prevent hyper-flashing) and the TST one doesn't (sold separately on their website). Both are plug-n-play wiring and have programmable patterns.

Both are solid investments! Also remember that you'll still need a fender eliminator to hold the license plate (unless you want to keep the OEM fender).
I don't need the resistors as I am running a LED friendly flash relay already since I switched the indicators to LED a while back.  
Who in their right mind would want to keep the OEM fender? That was the first thing I removed and replaced with an MD eliminator. :)

I am leaning to MD's setup. I like the indicator a little more then the TST setup,from the videos it looks like the TST tail light has a bit of light bleed when indicating.

Funny how I ended up right back at the same light I was going to buy a few months back.

Honestly I would get either MotoDynamics or TST but not a Chinese one. From my past experience, you will waste a lot of time to possibly have something that does not work, while the price difference is not that big

I ran the motodynamics all in one on my Honda cbr 300 and my buddy ran the same on his r3. They are stupid bright. And they have the flashing break light when you hit the breaks. Also it has the scrolling turn signals! I tried buying smaller led blinkers when I did my fender eliminator on my FZ07. But they suck. I am definitely going to order another one. Worth the money. You have the motodynamics eliminator....just think if they put that bright of a license plate light on....you think the tail light won't be bright?!?! Haha good luck!

Archived