The MT-07 Forum

Removal of Warning Sticker on fuel tank

Allan

Are people really having this amount of trouble removing a sticker?
It's a sticker
Un Stick It.

I peeled mine off then cleaned up the very small amount of residue of sticky goo it left behind
:D

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

I've heard tales of people that had to repaint their tank after a botched sticker removal attempt! Not.

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Premium Member

When I took my sticker off I had to get my ecu tuned, DON'T DO IT OP!

Keep the rubber side down and the shiny side up.

This is why I asked the forums first! I never knew that removing this sticker was so detrimental!! I'm glad I'm staying away from this..

(rofl)

• Premium Member
My bike has pulled to the left ever since I removed that #$%^ tank sticker :(
 That's due to the weight reduction.

Keep the rubber side down and the shiny side up.

• 5 months later...
  • Premium Member

This is one funny topic. I actually searched how to.
Can someone please post a video on step by step how to unstick the sticker.
Lmao

This is one funny topic. I actually searched how to. Can someone please post a video on step by step how to unstick the sticker.
Lmao
Are you serious about wanting a video? lol I can't tell if it is sarcasm or not. That is kind of what I was asking for when I started this thread but no one would bite.

• Premium Member

I'm going to make another sticker to put on top of it that says, "Please put kickstand up before riding."

Seriously, I still have my sticker. I may make a sticker removal video.

I'm going to make another sticker to put on top of it that says, "Please put kickstand up before riding." 
Seriously, I still have my sticker. I may make a sticker removal video.
Go for it. I'm sure people would be grateful. I know I would be.

Guest daufcguy

I don't suppose you have access to a professional grade fabric steamer? thats what I used to soften it up, then i used a plastic putty knife to peel it off.

Guest daufcguy
Yeah, I meant a pic with it gone. I wanted to see the tank with the sticker gone.
You know what the left side looks like? That's what the right side looks like with the sticker removed :) 

ya' know, every once in a while I read something on this forum that is so golden its worth repeating!  :D 

first thing I ever do on stuff like this...remove all the stupid warning stickers! "if you light a match and drop it in your fuel tank, you may be injured" :P

• Premium Member

In all fairness, mine was a serious pain to remove. It would not peel off in less than 50 pieces and left a ton of adhesive behind on the panel. After a few outbursts of profanity mixed with laughing in utter disbelief, I used some WD40 and a rag to wipe off the old glue (clean up = 1 minute)... no evidence that it ever existed afterwards.

• Premium Member
ch3rryghost
In all fairness, mine was a serious pain to remove. It would not peel off in less than 50 pieces and left a ton of adhesive behind on the panel. After a few outbursts of profanity mixed with laughing in utter disbelief, I used some WD40 and a rag to wipe off the old glue (clean up = 1 minute)... no evidence that it ever existed afterwards.
I'm basically going through your experience right now. I haven't addressed it since the initial attempt; been riding out the frustration instead :)

I just slathered mine in Goo Gone and used an old credit card to scrape it off. It left behind a lot of residue, but I just put more Goo Gone on it, and boom! Goo gone! No damage done to the bike, and it actually looks pretty nice now because I cleaned it too. :D

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

@admin, we're all hoping that your gas has passed.  ;)

Illegitimi non carborundum

Archived