The MT-07 Forum

Removal of Warning Sticker on fuel tank

Allan

Does any one know how to remove the warning sticker on the fuel tank to the left of the gas cap? A clean removal would be preferred. If you have done this or you know how, please let me know. Thanks!

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mine just pealed right off. Just leave it in the sun for a bit and it should peel right off. If not just get a heat gun or a hair dryer and heat it up and peel it off.

olderthandirt

Hair dryer to get it hot....peel up slow with fingernail. It will come off in one piece with patience.

Congress is the only whore house in the United States that loses money.

What, a pic of a wet sponge?? Damn man, kije i said just hold a hot wet sponge on it and then peel it off and the water stops residue from being left behind. 
Pic wont make it any easier, just go do it!
Ok. Good point. I guess I just wanted to see it. lol It's pouring here right now so I can't exactly do it now.

• Global Moderator

Mine was a pain to remove but I did not know of Cruizins method. There are no marks on the tank.

• Premium Member

Just look at anyone else's bike on here, that sticker was pretty much the first thing to go.

Keep the rubber side down and the shiny side up.

Greenhound386
Yeah, I meant a pic with it gone. I wanted to see the tank with the sticker gone.
You know what the left side looks like? That's what the right side looks like with the sticker removed :)

I did the hairdryer method. Super easy. Good luck!

2011 ZX-6R
2015 FZ-07

I literally peeled it right off after riding the bike home for the first time. 95+ degree heat with 80%+ humidity in Memphis made it simple!

Now what was not so simple was the darn white label on the front right side of the frame. That thing was a PITA.

Life is good on 2 wheels!

Thanks to all. I don't really know if I mind it though.. I don't think it looks to bad.. Or maybe I'm blinded by fear I'm gonna mess it up some how. I don't know..

• Global Moderator
Thanks to all. I don't really know if I mind it though.. I don't think it looks to bad.. Or maybe I'm blinded by fear I'm gonna mess it up some how. I don't know..
You mean to say that you actually read the warning label every time you fill up?  :D

I used Goo Gone. Squirt some over the sticker. Have a paper towel handy to catch the excess. Let it soak for a minute or two. Then slowly peel the sticker away. If there is any residue left just clean it up with a bit of Goo Gone.

• Premium Member
crazycracka501

Blow dryer is a tried and true method with cars and bikes alike for me. Just heat up and peel right off.

Make it stop!....Now make it go faster!

STOP....These guys are all messing with you! Don't do it you'll ruin your tank and paint and won't be able to fill your tank again. No one does it. Do a Google search. 

Archived