The MT-07 Forum

Removal of Warning Sticker on fuel tank

Allan

Guest ChicagoAJ
No no, just the gloss black part of my tank where the ridiculous warning label was. 
Yea, I could tell by your avatar you have the raven. I was just noting that in case someone read this with the matte silver panels. It would shine them right up. 

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got the sticker off in the downtime at my work, and the residue remained. (I get my own little space in the greenhouse in the shop at work for the bike. Needless to say, in South Florida, in the summer, in a greenhouse it was well hot enough in there to peel it off.) I didn't have anything at work to get the residue off and figured I'd just do it when I got home. I went to the local family owned motorcycle shop after I got off work and was talking with one of the owners when the other came out after looking at my bike and said "I removed that **** off your tank, I figured you didn't want it there."

• Premium Member
I got the sticker off in the downtime at my work, and the residue remained. (I get my own little space in the greenhouse in the shop at work for the bike. Needless to say, in South Florida, in the summer, in a greenhouse it was well hot enough in there to peel it off.) I didn't have anything at work to get the residue off and figured I'd just do it when I got home. I went to the local family owned motorcycle shop after I got off work and was talking with one of the owners when the other came out after looking at my bike and said "I removed that **** off your tank, I figured you didn't want it there."
That was awfully nice of them. Did they specify what they used? 

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

That was awfully nice of them. Did they specify what they used?
It's a great shop, and no he didn't. They did tell me that the can of Honda Cleaner I have would have done the job though. Well, it's been rebranded since to "Original Spray Cleaner & Polish" but it's still the exact same formula. 

• Premium Member
Nice!  They did the hard part for you. ;) 

Why can't left turners see us?

This thread is awesome.

For anyone that has made it this far and hasn't found the right recipe, here's what worked great for me:

Following one of the mod's advice, I soaked it in a hot water microfiber towel for a couple of minutes. I also pointed my heat gun at the towel while it sat there and let it get good and warm. After a few minutes I took a plastic scraper and it peeled off like it wanted to get off of the tank. lol Prior to that it was basically cemented on there. Then I rubbed the goo off with acetone and immediately washed it off and waxed it. Looks great!

Here's my problem. I'm pretty sure I've left it on so long now, that the plastic underneath the sticker is a darker shade of grey because the surrounding grey has faded from sunlight. :P Lol So if I take the sticker off now. I would have a discoloration patch right where the sticker was. I don't know if It'd be worth it. Haha

• 8 months later...
  • Premium Member

Wondering if I may have damaged my bike by taking off this sticker.
The engine hasn't felt the same since.

I took a blowdryer to it, let it warm for a bit to soften it, and peeled it off. for the remaining glue (not much), I took this pink and black spray cleaner wax and a microfiber and wiped it off. 5 minutes, easy peesy.

• Premium Member

I peeled back a corner with my thumbnail and pulled it off in one piece. No heating needed. A little goo-gone to remove the little bit of glue residue left behind.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

I just don't get it. Do people walk around with tags on their clothes also?

tag_hat.jpg

Beemer

13 pages over a sticker ...wow ,thought I would help keep it going. It's good that thisis one of our biggest gripes and yes it was pain getting it off.

13 pages over a sticker ...wow ,thought I would help keep it going. It's good that thisis one of our biggest gripes and yes it was pain getting it off.

Oh god, I thought this thread was dead and gone forever. The ultimate noob upgrade thread is back, thanks alot! GuOyWyY.gifIsblu9j.gif

Wondering if I may have damaged my bike by taking off this sticker. The engine hasn't felt the same since.

Just get a high performance air filter and high performance oil filter. They add 120 hp and I think they even make them with flames painted on.

• Premium Member

Once this thread hits 25 pages... I forsee big Ivy League schools giving a PhD equivalent out courtesy of FZ07.org University on this subject...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

As they say ... it's the little things. ;) 

Beemer

Just to be safe, after removing the sticker I added the accessory beeper to warn me to fasten the seat belt.

Just to be safe, after removing the sticker I added the accessory beeper to warn me to fasten the seat belt.
I got the little airline chime that says it's safe to unbuckle and leave your seat at cruising speed. 8-|     

Beemer

• 2 weeks later...

Man, I made that post 2 and a half years ago and didn't realize it would turn into this... Lol it was my first bike, I didn't know any better. Haha I'm sorry!

• Global Moderator

Woo hoo...14 pages. It is a good thing you did not ask a hard question ;)

We may as well shoot for this thread to be as long as the "What did you do to your FZ-07 today" thread. Haha

pineappleunderthesea

I have a question: It feels like my bike pulls to the right. If I put my sticker back on the left hand side where it belongs, will the added weight compensate for the pull?

• Global Moderator

Losing the weight and the decreased drag is probably causing that. You will get used to it ;)

• 3 months later...
  • Premium Member

Still having issues with this. Not as easy as it sounds. I get about halfway done, worry that I'm doing it wrong, and then just push the sticker back on. :(

Archived