RX-07

ladddad

njdevils1990

That sure would be different.

2003 Buell XB9R (2011-2011) Crashed
2009 Buell 1125CR (2011-2013) Sold
2015 Yamaha FZ-07 (2014-?) Current

308144.png

You could make a breakfast burrito on the manifold, woot!

[video src=https://youtu.be/QgbMIrR4Nrg] You don't have to be a goob to enjoy the smoky flavor, either. heh! ;)

Beemer

Take a listen to the Suzuki RE5 (single rotor wankel). Not exactly what I'd call a good sound compared to the FZ07.

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

• Global Moderator
Take a listen to the Suzuki RE5 (single rotor wankel). Not exactly what I'd call a good sound compared to the FZ07.

That is interesting. It looks like it is about 50% radiator. How hot do those engines run?

2 rotor would make very fast Bike, and yes the manifold will glow under High RPMs. They rev high like some bikes (10,000 RPMS). I had a early model RX-7 in 1989, and I have never had a more fun car. It reminded me of bikes I have had previously. I felt connected to the road with the handling, and throttle response. First car I ever bought. I t is filed away in my mind under fun as hell.

• Premium Member

You need at min 3 13B rotors each with its own turbo ?... RPMS are around 12k when are on the "2 step button" during drag racing...the reason I say 3 is because that's what all the other rotary drag cars I know of have...Go Dorioto power!!!

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

I'd imagine the RE5's engine was plagued by 70's tech. Newer ceramic apex seals, lightened rotors and improved gaskets and porting, and oil system upgrades added to an RE5 engine rebuild could yield positive results. I'd like the engine inside a Drz400sm or the like. Our current engine is tits tho..

Archived