The MT-07 Forum

NEW MWR Filtercover breaks "cover"

bellissimoto

pineappleunderthesea
I hear ya. I may have mis-read your request. Still, I talked to Nels, and you didn't loose 2 hp because of the MWR filter. Your snorkel was the issue. 
- Paul

Never said that I lost 2 HP from the MWR alone.... I just mentioned the MWR/snorkel combo as an example of my making a false assumption regarding performance. 
I seriously don't want to get into a pissing match here. I'm just seriously interested in an apples-to-apples dyno run to see what the true effect of the MWR is. As the US importer of the MWR, it is worth your time and money to do that as it would be great advertisng for you assuming the results are favorable.

FYI, Go4Geoff's dyno chart shows less performance than 2WDW's with the Yoshi

https://fz07.org/thread/2625/fz-07-flash-dyno-charts?page=1

What would be interesting is seeing the MWR/lid effect on a stock bike, and on a tuned bike with stock exhaust, and tuned bike with aftermarket exhaust (just wondering if the MWR has the same gains across different levels of tuning).  

bellissimoto
Never said that I lost 2 HP from the MWR alone.... I just mentioned the MWR/snorkel combo as an example of my making a false assumption regarding performance. 
I seriously don't want to get into a pissing match here. I'm just seriously interested in an apples-to-apples dyno run to see what the true effect of the MWR is. As the US importer of the MWR, it is worth your time and money to do that as it would be great advertisng for you assuming the results are favorable.

FYI, Go4Geoff's dyno chart shows less performance than 2WDW's with the Yoshi

https://fz07.org/thread/2625/fz-07-flash-dyno-charts?page=1

What would be interesting is seeing the MWR/lid effect on a stock bike, and on a tuned bike with stock exhaust, and tuned bike with aftermarket exhaust (just wondering if the MWR has the same gains across different levels of tuning).  

Nobody is debating what you are saying @2wheeler. An apples-to-apples dyno run to see what the true effect of the MWR is WOULD be ideal - I agree with you 100%. The issue here is that the true effect seems to be dependent on the system as a whole. My own independent testing showed significant gains (with my Akra Ti baffle out), and it was backed up by Nels and a forum member with their testing also. But as other various testing has showed, the gains can vary with other systems, so it's just not feasible to dyno all the possible systems out there.

For example, the gains of the MWR combo may be, say x amount on a bone stock bike, but the gains from a bike that breaths better to begin with, with a better system as a whole could be more, as proven with the Akra Ti baffle out system. So it's really hard to nail down the true effect, because the true effect may be different across different systems as a whole.

As for never saying you lost 2 hp from the MWR alone...I know...you didn't. I just put that out there in case people gloss over the thread and only see "2hp loss" and "MWR" in the same sentence, LoL

- Paul

• Premium Member

My machine is at 12,000 miles and I have yet to slap on my ActiveTune from FTECU, but when I do, I was looking into a new air filter. A few questions @bellissimoto if you'd be so kind!

1. Is there still forum pricing?
2. How long's the shipping to USA? I'm in PA.
3. These units are just bolt-on right? As in, just remove the old unit, snorkel, etc, and add this new element and cover?
4. I've never seen a foam filter before. Are there any different concerns compared to a traditional paper filter eg. high humidity, heavy rain, cold air? I see they need once yearly or every 10,000 miles cleaning w/ MWR oil/kit etc.

Thank you!

his face seems pulled and tense
like he's riding on a motorbike in the strongest winds

bellissimoto
My machine is at 12,000 miles and I have yet to slap on my ActiveTune from FTECU, but when I do, I was looking into a new air filter. A few questions @bellissimoto if you'd be so kind! 
1. Is there still forum pricing?
2. How long's the shipping to USA? I'm in PA.
3. These units are just bolt-on right? As in, just remove the old unit, snorkel, etc, and add this new element and cover?
4. I've never seen a foam filter before. Are there any different concerns compared to a traditional paper filter eg. high humidity, heavy rain, cold air? I see they need once yearly or every 10,000 miles cleaning w/ MWR oil/kit etc.

Thank you!
1)  Yes 2)  3 days usually via USPS
3)  Yes
4)  No concerns

:)

- Paul

BellissiMoto.com

• 1 month later...
pineappleunderthesea
How's everyone feel about performance with the filter and lid

I have the Akra Carbon with 2WDW tune, and installed the filter and lid over a month ago. The butt dyno felt like I had a little more top end power as I went from mid rpm to high rpm. I recently installed the stock filter back on and while it seems the low end power is similar, it does seem like the stock filter Is a little more tame at the higher rpm.

The issue for me is that I don't really push the bike into high rpm, I mostly stay into the mid sections going to work and back, although I go a little more spirited on weekend rides. I'll probably end up selling the MWR and lid cause I'm too lazy to get the thing back in, and frankly it would benefit a rider who likes to push it harder than I do.

bellissimoto
How's everyone feel about performance with the filter and lid
I have the Akra Carbon with 2WDW tune, and installed the filter and lid over a month ago. The butt dyno felt like I had a little more top end power as I went from mid rpm to high rpm. I recently installed the stock filter back on and while it seems the low end power is similar, it does seem like the stock filter Is a little more tame at the higher rpm.

The issue for me is that I don't really push the bike into high rpm, I mostly stay into the mid sections going to work and back, although I go a little more spirited on weekend rides. I'll probably end up selling the MWR and lid cause I'm too lazy to get the thing back in, and frankly it would benefit a rider who likes to push it harder than I do.
Hmm, surprising that you feel a big difference at the top end, as this combo showed a 3.5 hp and tq gain right in the midrange on my bike, although, I'm using an Akra Ti (baffle out) exhaust, known to be a pretty good power adder in it's own right. 
- Paul

• 1 month later...

Hi!

Currently in the States 'till Friday 1 Sept and I was hoping you could have it delivered before or at Thursday, will that be an issue? (postal anomalies disregarding ofcourse!)

If not, could you shoot me a PM how to order at forum price? Thank you!

• 3 years later...

is there any way of reving this combo deal by any chance. im abit late to the party i suppose hahaha

bellissimoto
18 hours ago, 7fold said:

So glad I reached out to you guys before I pulled the trigger on any of the intake options - I remember you responded to my email with a resounding NO! It's not worth it unless you go with a Hordpower setup! Haha. 

The MWR combo filter/lid combo made the most HP in our testing when removing the snorkel.

As for alternate set-ups, the Carbonsmith/MWR RIS made over 4 hp on the top end then that "other" solution, and costs $76 LESS!

:)

https://www.bellissimoto.com/parts/air-filters/CARBONSMITH -MWR-Racing-Intake-Solution-RIS-for-Yamaha-FZ-07-MT-07

bellissimoto
On 10/5/2020 at 5:44 AM, Khenry said:

is there any way of reving this combo deal by any chance. im abit late to the party i suppose hahaha

I can certainly help you out.  Please PM me :)

- Paul