The MT-07 Forum

NEW MWR Filtercover breaks "cover"

bellissimoto

bellissimoto

Hi Everyone!

I've been working with MWR on this for a few months now, and I finally have information to share with you...

MWR has released their new Filtercover for the FZ-07!!!

The all-new design is genius, and incorporates 3 key features over the competition.  

MC_095_13_kopie.jpg

mwr_fz07_filter.jpg

1)  The opening of the Filtercover is not only radioused to allow smooth airflow into the airbox, it also matches the square opening of the MWR Air Filter, MAXIMIZING airflow entry as well.

2)  This new design is half the thickness of the competition, so instead of having a thick piece of material and having to mill two of the corners down, MWR's Filtercover does the exact opposite and builds up the two corners where needed.  This saves weight, and also allows the air going into the opening to reach the filter sooner, rather than the double thickness of the competition which restricts incoming air from reaching the filter material.

3)  Price - Retail is just $64.95! ($35 cheaper then the competition)

You know I'm not going to stop there tho...

Forum members get 15% off the Filtercover, bringing it to just $55.21!!!

If you buy the Filtercover with the MWR Air Filter, you get 20% off the entire combo!

It breaks down as follows:

MWR Filtercover: Retail $64.95, Forum Member Price - $55.21

MWR Filtercover/MWR Air Filter combo:  Retail $147.90, Forum Member Price - $118.32

As far as performance gains go, I can't make any concrete performance claims since I haven't dyno tested it.  I CAN say though, that the competition's filter and cover was worth about 2 hp over stock, and when I changed to the MWR filter while still using the competitions' air box cover, it made between .6 -1.1 hp more.

It's safe to deduce from my previous testing, that the new MWR Filter cover in conjunction with the MWR Air Filter, should produce similar results at a minimum, with a much lower price point.

We are placing a big order with MWR and it's supposed to be here sometime next week.  Get in now while supplies last!

:)

- Paul

BellissiMoto.com

• Like 7

• Premium Member
panchobullet

Hell yeah !!!... Having already the MWR filter what would you expect! I must have one now so sign me in !!!

- Pancho

You've never seen me cause I'm too damn fast!

Boom - been waiting.

I'm in for the combo. Let me know how to send $ and get on the list.

Cheers.

bellissimoto

Yes Guys, the filter cover replaces the snorkel...

This isn't really a group buy, so there's no list per se. Just PM me with your e-mail and I'll send you an invoice :)

- Paul

• Like 1

hugson2wheels
This isn't really a group buy, so there's no list per se. Just PM me with your e-mail and I'll send you an invoice :)

- Paul

I'm in... PMing you now. Add it to my order please ?

If god created us in his image, does that mean god is an egomaniac as well?

bellissimoto

- Paul
I'm in... PMing you now. Add it to my order please ?
Will do Sir :) 
- Paul
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
panchobullet
Would this work with a DNA filter?
Yes, that's how I have it right now while I wait for my MWR filter cover to arrive 
- Pancho
  • Like 1

You've never seen me cause I'm too damn fast!

bellissimoto
Would this work with a DNA filter?
I don't see why it wouldn't.  The bottom of the filter cover is flat, so it just puts pressure on the filter.  If anything, since the corners of the filter cover are square, you may see a bit of the DNA round corners on the top surface since the MWR filtercover has a larger opening. 
You can always take advantage of the MWR filter so everything matches :)

- Paul

BellissiMoto.com

The filters and filtercovers arrived! 
2 were already pre-sold. I have 5 left of each - available and ready to go!

- Paul

BellissiMoto.com

I may have to snag a combo myself too. I am still using the stock filter w/ snorkel removed. I think I need more airflow to match my ECU tune though lol. When I get paid this weekend I can hit you up sir! (plus with the rain in LA this week it's not like I'm missing much.)

'15 Pearl White FZ-07 | Yoshi R77 Exhaust | ECU Reflash | Mad Hornets Shorty Levers | EvoTech Rad Guard | Yamaha Comfort Saddle | TST Industries Integrated Taillight | Motodynamics Fender Eliminator | Yamaha OEM Front LED Signals | Phillips MaxVision 130+ Bulb | OES Front/Rear Axle Sliders | Driven Racing TT Rearsets | Woodcraft 1.5" Clip-Ons | Woodcraft Engine & Water Pump Crash Cover | OEM Motocage Cage | LEDGlow SMD Mini Advanced Lighting Kit | Gilles Tooling Gauge Relocation Kit |

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

Paul, just sent you a PM with my email address for the MWR Combo deal.

pineappleunderthesea

Will this combo work well with a bike that has an ÉCU tune? (The 2WDW tune that is for the Akra Carbon and snorkel removed), or would I need to get it updated?

bellissimoto

Sounds good @go4geoff .

@easternkayaker , check your inbox :)

@pineappleunderthesea , it's hard to say with absolute certainty, but I think any tune that has been adjusted for some sort of airbox/airfilter change should be safe :)

if your bike was bone stock, I'd say you absolutely would need it tuned.

- Paul
www.BellissiMoto

• Like 1

I received my set and have installed it. Haven't ridden but am looking forward to it. The increase in the opening is significant, whether you have removed the snorkel or not. You roughly have 2-3 times the opening of the original oval. Big change. And the filter is interesting in that it flows on the bottom, while the others are blocked off the bottom.

BTW: the cover is 3D printed. Didn't expect that. It's interesting. If you haven't seen a 3D part before, you'll be furrowing your brow. Funky, but cheaper to produce and does the job. My only potential concern is regarding it's strength - lots of stress risers with the semi-porous structure. I got mine cinched down without issue, but I was concerned. I would apply a moderate hand when tightening the screws.

I'll post something on a different thread once I get out and open her up.

Thanks, Bellissimoto for setting this up and getting the discount. Cheers.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

I received the filter and cover today, thanks for the discount and quick turnaround.

• Global Moderator
Hell yeah !!!... Having already the MWR filter what would you expect! I must have one now so sign me in !!! 
- Pancho
You would be first pancho.... :P 

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• 2 weeks later...
pineappleunderthesea

Installed the MWR filter with the cover this weekend. Everything fit as it should in terms of bolting down the cover, I would agree that you likely don't want to torque the thing down to "11" since the plastic will deform.

In terms of riding, my butt dyno doesn't feel the difference. Might be because I installed the R6 throttle tube/grip at the same time, probably should have waited to ride the MWR/cover with the OEM tube to get a real 1:1 comparo...ah well. I have the Akra Carbon baffle in with 2WDW tune.

I have noticed a slight increase in vibration in the mid-high RPM ranges...could be the massive air being sucked in I guess! I don't think I'm running lean, maybe throttle bodies need adjustment after this mod? No matter, the bike feels responsive, but I have the confounding effect of the R6 tube, so hopefully someone will give a better 1:1 comparo.

• Like 1

Installed the MWR filter with the cover this weekend. Everything fit as it should in terms of bolting down the cover, I would agree that you likely don't want to torque the thing down to "11" since the plastic will deform. 
In terms of riding, my butt dyno doesn't feel the difference. Might be because I installed the R6 throttle tube/grip at the same time, probably should have waited to ride the MWR/cover with the OEM tube to get a real 1:1 comparo...ah well. I have the Akra Carbon baffle in with 2WDW tune.

I have noticed a slight increase in vibration in the mid-high RPM ranges...could be the massive air being sucked in I guess! I don't think I'm running lean, maybe throttle bodies need adjustment after this mod? No matter, the bike feels responsive, but I have the confounding effect of the R6 tube, so hopefully someone will give a better 1:1 comparo.
Nice man! I'm hoping to see how mine will work with my current setup when it arrives. I have a full Yoshimura R77 exhaust, r6 tube, and ecu flash thru Graves. Im still running the stock intake setup so I know im not getting enough air. I still get decel pops from 3rd gear down. Hoping the new airflow will improve the throttle response and smoothness climbing up the rpms. Perhaps even a surge of torque in the midrange would be nice lol. Whenever @pgeldz @bellissimoto finally get it in to ship out, I'll be sure to write my review of the new hardware too.

• Like 1

'15 Pearl White FZ-07 | Yoshi R77 Exhaust | ECU Reflash | Mad Hornets Shorty Levers | EvoTech Rad Guard | Yamaha Comfort Saddle | TST Industries Integrated Taillight | Motodynamics Fender Eliminator | Yamaha OEM Front LED Signals | Phillips MaxVision 130+ Bulb | OES Front/Rear Axle Sliders | Driven Racing TT Rearsets | Woodcraft 1.5" Clip-Ons | Woodcraft Engine & Water Pump Crash Cover | OEM Motocage Cage | LEDGlow SMD Mini Advanced Lighting Kit | Gilles Tooling Gauge Relocation Kit |