The MT-07 Forum

Bagster?

td83

I'm getting a bit tired of my arse dying while riding this little bike. A modified Seat Concepts saddle has been better than the OE, but still not good (and good is the saddle on my Aprilia Futura - there's none better imo.) So I'm giving thought to the Bagster saddle. I know from guys in Europe that Bagster makes top shelf stuff.  
Looks like with a phone call, these guys in Illinois will order anything from Bagster's catalog http://www.real-rider.com/bagster/#

CIMA International 1585 Beverly Court, Unit 118 Aurora, IL 60502
TOLL FREE: 866-243-5638 (866-2HELMET)
PHONE: 630-701-1601 FAX: 630-701-1606

Any one know if we can order directly from Bagster in the US?  I called CIMA international and they said they need to send out the pan for the original seat and turnaround will take a few months.  

They also said the cost starts at $500.
Dang! I was thinking $350 plus shipping would be bad enough and was also under the impression that included a new seat pan. Too rich for my tight, erm, frugal arse.  
i have one more thing to try before my seat pan has so many staple holes in it i'll need a new seat pan anyway. 

I'm still at a loss as to how Aprilia got it so right 15 years ago and Yamaha doesn't seem to have a clue how to get even close. 

I'm still at a loss as to how Aprilia got it so right 15 years ago and Yamaha doesn't seem to have a clue how to get even close. 
I think the stock seat is perfect for comfort (long distances included).

like many parts fitted, it's a compromise based on rider weight and body shape.

I weigh 160 lb ready to race. I suspect that many features of this bike (dimensions, springs rates etc) are tailored to lighter rather than heavier riders.

At 135, the stock suspension is gone - the front was too soft, the back too stiff and neither have any real damping.

I was OK with the modified (lots of added foam to fill in the big, erm, arse hole) Seat Concepts thing until I put on lower bars to get a bit more lean forward and change the bar angle. I already sit fairly forward. My modification now longer worked. My hands now feel pretty good at least, lol.

• 2 weeks later...
thestealthtrout
[div]They look real nice but a word of warning. People have bought other good looking seats and weren't happy with their comfort so be sure and read a good number of reviews before you jump. Slow to respond or no response from e-mails could be a red flag.[/div]
  I'm not sure if you were referring to the luimoto or the bagster seats, but if it's the latter they are absolutely top rated and the gold standard for comfort.  Only harder to obtain in the states because they don't have a presence here.  Silverstonemotor, where I ordered from, is also very responsive and has great customer service (even in english).  Definitely excited to get my seats!
Do you happen to have contact info for their english customer service? I order a bagster from them a month ago and haven't seen any activity on my order since then. The order still shows as "order in preparation" and has remained that way since the day I ordered it. I am aware they say to allow 15 days for processing but it's been double that now with no changes. I've sent them an email as well and have yet to receive a response and their phone number does not appear to have an english extension to switch to. 
*edit* Actually it looks like they did email me back and I apparently missed the email. Looks like the wait time is a little high right now as bagster is trying to keep up with the demand.

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know about the heating option they provide? It says integrated heating option as one of the additions on the silvberstonemotor website. The actual bagster website is pretty scant of details. I would be curious to see how it intergrates, how it's controlled and experiences others may have had. I also wander if just the piolt seat will fit without the pillion seat as i have the yamaha rear crowl on my bike.

Archived