The MT-07 Forum

Bagster?

td83

• Premium Member

That's pretty slick and looks pretty comfy, let us know if you find a way to get it shipped state side and how much.

It's all about keeping that rubber side down.

I don't know specifically about the seat, but the company is really well established in Europe and considered one of the leading in motorcycle baggage. TBH I find it kind of strange you don't have them in the states. To get an idea of how well known they are over here, in my country (Greece) bagster is used as a generic term for every type of tank covers. The same way you call chapstick any kind of lip balm. So if you're worried about the quality, don't. It's definitely going to be top-notch.

• 2 months later...

I ended up going a separate route, the dealership I work at outsources our interior work to a custom shop in town. I took the seat to them and they simply switched the foam out for only $50... I figured if it still wasn't too comfortable I wouldn't be losing much.
Since then I have put 800 miles on, 300 in one day and I am very happy with the seat. Switching the foam out even solved the sliding issue I have heard people complaining about, I don't move one bit now and it is the same stock covering still.

I actually ended up putting in an order several days ago as the bagster appears to be of better quality material, foam, etc. I wanted a comfy passenger seat as well. I ended up going with the upgrade to the bultex memory foam as well. Will report on how it performs when I receive it in about a month (they're made to order).

[div]They look real nice but a word of warning. People have bought other good looking seats and weren't happy with their comfort so be sure and read a good number of reviews before you jump. Slow to respond or no response from e-mails could be a red flag.[/div]

Beemer

[div]They look real nice but a word of warning. People have bought other good looking seats and weren't happy with their comfort so be sure and read a good number of reviews before you jump. Slow to respond or no response from e-mails could be a red flag.[/div]
  I'm not sure if you were referring to the luimoto or the bagster seats, but if it's the latter they are absolutely top rated and the gold standard for comfort.  Only harder to obtain in the states because they don't have a presence here.  Silverstonemotor, where I ordered from, is also very responsive and has great customer service (even in english).  Definitely excited to get my seats! 

I'm not sure if you were referring to the luimoto or the bagster seats, but if it's the latter they are absolutely top rated and the gold standard for comfort.  Only harder to obtain in the states because they don't have a presence here.  Silverstonemotor, where I ordered from, is also very responsive and has great customer service (even in english).  Definitely excited to get my seats!
I was responding to td83 but I went back and read some other responses to him and it appears that pitapola answered my question about reviews on the seat. Apparently that company is the sh*t for making seats in Europe. 

Beemer

I do not understand what this bloke is saying, but if you understand French you may get something valuable from this

• 2 weeks later...

I'm getting a bit tired of my arse dying while riding this little bike. A modified Seat Concepts saddle has been better than the OE, but still not good (and good is the saddle on my Aprilia Futura - there's none better imo.) So I'm giving thought to the Bagster saddle. I know from guys in Europe that Bagster makes top shelf stuff.

Looks like with a phone call, these guys in Illinois will order anything from Bagster's catalog http://www.real-rider.com/bagster/#

CIMA International 1585 Beverly Court, Unit 118 Aurora, IL 60502
TOLL FREE: 866-243-5638 (866-2HELMET)
PHONE: 630-701-1601 FAX: 630-701-1606

• 2 weeks later...

I have a bagster and absolutely love it, great service too, I definitely recommend, mine has gel inserts also, the only part I would like to be slightly better is the crease where the seat bends up to the tank, but I am very happy
image.jpg

image.jpg

upload image high quality

aside from the looks, the seat doesn't seem like it'll add any comfort at all, since it's the same dimensions and even looks like it has a humidity attracting fabric and sowinglines on them...

The OE saddle has very hard foam and where the back of your leg winds up, the foam has an edge. Both of those result in discomfort for me.

I invested in the Seat Concepts deal and that foam is much nicer. The cover is also not slippery like ice so not sliding onto the tank from all that engine braking. The problem I have with that foam was that they molded it with a big dished out area where ones butt winds up. That again results in pressure on the backs of my legs. I tried to fill that big hole designed on purpose to help keep the rider from sliding forward w/o much success.  heesh!

Right now, I have the Seat Concepts cover on the OE foam that I've rounded over the edges and then adding more foam over top. Better, but still not very good for more than 2 hours. 

The Bagster seat looks to have a nice flat shape. From the one video I saw, the foam looks to be thicker. If the density is right, it might just be the answer. An expensive answer, but what value a butt w/o pain?

After nearly 5 decades of riding, this is the saddle to which I judge all motorcycle seats. it belongs to my 15 year old Futura. Gonna go out on a limb and proclaim it to be one of the most universally (complaints are few and far between from short to tall, featherweights like me to heavyweights)  comfortable saddles ever to be plunked onto a motorcycle. The foam is soft and thick but has enough density for support ( it's not changed at all since new in 2002) and there are no edges to dig in. It makes the ground a bit far for my short legs as the seat is wide, but that's what boots are for. 

IMG_1717.jpg

I have a bagster and absolutely love it, great service too, I definitely recommend, mine has gel inserts also, the only part I would like to be slightly better is the crease where the seat bends up to the tank, but I am very happy image.jpg

image.jpg

upload image high quality

Jealous that you were able to get the trim color-matched, from my order it wasn't an option : [  I haven't spent a ton of time with the bagster yet but it's definitely an improvement.  I'm actually having the rear seat modified as it's right up in my tailbone since I sit far back in the seat.  I just have the bultex memory foam and no gel, and kind of wish there was more foam just to make it that much more plush 

babisstinson

Guys, one quick question: Did you remove your saddle and sent it to Bagster so they can upgarde it or do they sell a completely new one?
I would love to get one of those, especially with the color matching!

I'm getting a bit tired of my arse dying while riding this little bike. A modified Seat Concepts saddle has been better than the OE, but still not good (and good is the saddle on my Aprilia Futura - there's none better imo.) So I'm giving thought to the Bagster saddle. I know from guys in Europe that Bagster makes top shelf stuff.  
Looks like with a phone call, these guys in Illinois will order anything from Bagster's catalog http://www.real-rider.com/bagster/#

CIMA International 1585 Beverly Court, Unit 118 Aurora, IL 60502
TOLL FREE: 866-243-5638 (866-2HELMET)
PHONE: 630-701-1601 FAX: 630-701-1606

Any one know if we can order directly from Bagster in the US?  I called CIMA international and they said they need to send out the pan for the original seat and turnaround will take a few months.  

They also said the cost starts at $500.

Archived