The MT-07 Forum

Akrapovic Titanium 2017

Cyrus

stickshift
45 minutes ago, Jason Bruns said:

New 2017 owner here and trying to install this exhaust but finding the bracket is hitting one of the lower shafts on the rear suspension.  Can't get it pushed up all the way because hanger bracket is hitting.  I'm suspecting I have an incorrect bracket or something.  I think I could cut/grind out a corner for relief, but feel like I shouldn't need too for this $$$..

Anyone have this issue?

Mine fit like a glove.

Are you sure the bracket on top of the muffler has been put on the right direction?

I doubt the 2018 mounting points are different, but are you sure it's the right system for the 2017 model?

Installation instructions here with pics for reference:

https://www.revzilla.com/assets/0000/7130/akrapovic_yamaha_fz07_racing_line_titanium_system.pdf

• Like 1

Jason Bruns

I had the impression that was the case for everyone, but it's not for me..  I cannot see how the bracket could be mounted any other direction than the one I have and that's what is in the instructions.  I have looked at this 100 different ways and I just don't see any way this is fitting.  It just needs to move up 1/2 inch and holes would line up and I would be done.

I can't find support from Akrapovic, so that disappointing..  

IMG_20180516_081811.jpg

IMG_20180516_074158.jpg

IMG_20180515_225417.jpg

Edited by Jason Bruns

Looks like you’ve got the hanger mounted correctly. 

I just installed mine last week and it went on no problem. 

Jason Bruns

I would love to know how it looks wrong?  Please...

If I turn the bracket the other way, there is no way it would work.  

I am going to take another try at it tonight, but I have spent 2 hours already trying to re-adjust everything and I never get any closer than what is in pics.  I am just about to start hacking this thing up.

Are the header clamps already done up? They only need to be a tiny bit out to not line up but that much at the support. Check the gaskets at the head havent skewed as well.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

It appears in the image yu have the springs already buttoned up I would assume not that you have the headers bolted tight as well.  As @gregjet mentioned loosen it all up remove the springs do not snug it up yet.  It sure looks like it will fit but all the pics I have seen those do not look like the correct mounts for the 07.  This is from Akro site for the 2017, they do not look close to your image.

S-Y7R5-HEGEH__87387.1505149747.png

Edited by r1limited

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, gregjet said:

Are the header clamps already done up? They only need to be a tiny bit out to not line up but that much at the support. Check the gaskets at the head havent skewed as well.

This.
Nothing should be more than finger tight, except for the mounting bracket to the muffler itself since it's next to impossible to reach once mounted, until everything is bolted up per the instructions. Once all the connections are made then you go around and tighten it all a little at a time.

My Akra Ti  lined up perfectly on all points, even with centerstand installed, with no clearance issues.

Best of luck to the OP getting your Ti installed successfully. ✌️

• Like 2

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

13 hours ago, Cruizin said:

And again, I willsay it again

The MOUNTS in the Picture do not match the Mounts in the OPs image.  A blind man can see the issue, they are the WRONG Mounts.  That shet happens,  The images even from crusinz link arenot the same.  Contact the seller or Akro show them the images you have I would bet they send you the right ones.

Mounts.jpg

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

R1 has spotted it pretty well. The pictures in the cruzin link show two completely different shapped mufflers and two completely different shaped brackets (Picture 1 and picture4)!. Neither is the same as the one on that exhaust. The muffler closest to your shape has a stepped top to the bracket. The other has a single bump in the top slope of the bracket. Neither has a double convex top slope.

Companies like Akra often change things on the run  to fix problems or make manufacturing easier and quicker, and sometimes stuff it up accidently. Had it happen on a GPR once. Worth contacting them and checking. Send them the picture/s.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

• 2 months later...
Jason Bruns

Hey guys,  It took a couple months but I finally did get the correct bracket and clearly was the wrong one.

It does fit like a glove now.  Just in case this happens to someone else.. here are the comparisons with my old and new brackets.  I had to hack up the old one to make it fit for the time being

IMG_20180802_194039.jpg

IMG_20180802_194102.jpg

Edited by Jason Bruns
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, Jason Bruns said:

Hey guys,  It took a couple months but I finally did get the correct bracket and clearly was the wrong one.

It does fit like a glove now.  Just in case this happens to someone else.. here are the comparisons with my old and new brackets.  I had to hack up the old one to make it fit for the time being 

Glad the correct bracket resolved your issue. Sorry it took them so long to get you the right bracket.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

• 2 years later...
tofuproductions

Hi all,

Sorry to resurrect an old thread. I ordered the full akra exhaust (ti with carbon cap) it arrived today and I've been trying to get the db killer out (exhaust not mounted on the bike yet) for the past 2 hours and am hitting a road block.

I drilled the hole where I saw the scratch/spot weld, and sprayed the area with WD-40. I've tried using pliers wrapped in cloth, tried using the slam-hammer thing, nothing. It won't budge..  I'm short of wondering I'm going to really damage my brand new exhaust with the way how things are progressing.

Would I have better luck with this ON my bike? I guess I'm so frustrated at this point I am tempted to just leave the DB killer in. I've watched every single youtube video there was ranging from the Euro4 versions to the ones here in the US.

Stumped and frustrated is an understatement.

Dennis.Halmstad

it's a press fit. it's not ment to be taken out so it will be a battle of force.

Make sure you completely drilled the spotweld. then you have to make it happen with force trying not to damage anything. I think weld pliers would be nice to use, getting a grip of the small pipes in the db killer.

• Like 1

A bit of perseverance is needed, the db killer can be a very tight fit.

I used a piece of dowel, poked it through the muffler and whacked it with a hammer to force the db killer out. Even then it took a fair bit of effort...

17 hours ago, tofuproductions said:

Hi all,

Sorry to resurrect an old thread. I ordered the full akra exhaust (ti with carbon cap) it arrived today and I've been trying to get the db killer out (exhaust not mounted on the bike yet) for the past 2 hours and am hitting a road block.

I drilled the hole where I saw the scratch/spot weld, and sprayed the area with WD-40. I've tried using pliers wrapped in cloth, tried using the slam-hammer thing, nothing. It won't budge..  I'm short of wondering I'm going to really damage my brand new exhaust with the way how things are progressing.

Would I have better luck with this ON my bike? I guess I'm so frustrated at this point I am tempted to just leave the DB killer in. I've watched every single youtube video there was ranging from the Euro4 versions to the ones here in the US.

Stumped and frustrated is an understatement.

By far the easiest method I found was to use a bearing puller. Worked quickly for me and I've experimented with pulling the old one and putting in new ones several times. Currently have the MT09 baffle in. See this video for reference and some lols. Let me know if I can help

• 6 months later...

Greetings , I am posting on this thread due to same content 

315620312_0_b.jpg

Akrapovic σε πολύ καλή κατάσταση

(Greek site ,please press translate to English ) 

Is this original Akra ? If so , a Ti model or  a steel one ? 

Is 450-500$  a good value for a used Akrapovic for an MT-07 ? 

8 hours ago, stickshift said:

That's an original Ti model, Euro 3 emissions era.

Only the muffler skin is titanium, the rest is stainless steel.

https://www.akrapovic.com/en/moto/product/14876/Yamaha/MT-07-FZ-07/Racing-Line-Titanium?brandId=41&modelId=341&yearId=4125

I thought there was a version without Titanium , only steel.

Thanks though.  The carbon tipped , laser engraved one , is a latter model ? Euro 4 maybe ? 

• 2 months later...
On 8/3/2018 at 3:52 PM, Jason Bruns said:

Not happy to hear there are 2 different brackets. In looking at the different MT-07s, I did not see a significant difference in the exhaust. I ordered the Titanium from Revzilla in hopes it would fit the 21'. The website says no... we will see. Now that I know there are 2 different circulating brackets, I am skeptical it will fit correctly

2 hours ago, J.J. said:

Not happy to hear there are 2 different brackets. In looking at the different MT-07s, I did not see a significant difference in the exhaust. I ordered the Titanium from Revzilla in hopes it would fit the 21'. The website says no... we will see. Now that I know there are 2 different circulating brackets, I am skeptical it will fit correctly

I suspect the exhaust you ordered will fit fine. As far as I know there have not been any model changes in engine exhaust ports or muffler attachment points.

Regarding the two different brackets in this thread, it appears that the incorrect bracket was supplied with the muffler.

Edited by stickshift
  • Like 1