The MT-07 Forum

Akrapovic Titanium 2017

Cyrus

I bought akrap titanium 2017 
https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/akrapovic-racing-exhaust-system-yamaha-fz-07-mt-07-2015-2018 
S-Y7R5-HEGEH_01.jpg

this one has db killer welded on to whole exhaust because of EURO norms.

Does anyone knows how to remofe killer ? 

I only found this video describing how to remove it from MT09, but as I can see, exhaust are identical

...:::[C]:[Y]:[R]:::::...

but in the video guy speaks about speaking with akrapovic engineer that's possible

hmmmm

It may be removable, perhaps Akra is not advertising that because of Euro IV etc.

If it's anything like the earlier version then the decibel killer simply bolts in. It's a tight press fit, I removed mine by unbolting and sticking a wooden dowel down the muffler and hitting with a hammer.

The db killer looks like the same part so highly likely it is removable.

It's removable. YouTube mt07 akrapovic and flip thru the recent postings. Sounds amazing too
can u give me direct link?  thnx

• 2 weeks later...
topazsparrow

any updates?

Just ordered this exhaust from the local shop and they said they can only get the Carbon and the TI+carbon tip version. The old ti with the downturn appears to be the same catalog number as the new carbon tipped version.

I really hope the baffle is removable.

I don't really like the way it looks now either.. :(

I seen a video of a guy who sprayed WD-40 in there and pulled it out with pliers. I don't know if that damaged the db killer though.

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker
any updates? 
Just ordered this exhaust from the local shop and they said they can only get the Carbon and the TI+carbon tip version. The old ti with the downturn appears to be the same catalog number as the new carbon tipped version.

I really hope the baffle is removable.

I don't really like the way it looks now either.. :(
I just checked Revzilla's website and the original Akrapovic Ti (old Ti) has a different manufacturer's number than the new Ti w/carbon tip. Revzilla still shows all 3 Akra versions on their website. 

I got it out... ;)

It's easy...
There's mark on the exhaust when you take off carbon part (akrapovic did that) which marks where db killer is welded onto exhaust (it's like scratch). You just need to dril on that mark with 8mm (some vids say 6, but I coudn't remove it so I drilled it with 8 and broke the weld). Then with rotation force move killer and it will eventually move...then you can do what all old videos from youtube say, and then it's out.

Basically, you make the hole like the old versions had, and that's that.

dbkiller1.jpg

dbkiller3.jpg

And also, there's mark from the inside part of the exhaust. Like little hole. This is the place where you need to break the weld from the outside ;)

dbkiller2.jpg

• Like 3

topazsparrow

Wow. Fuck that shit. I'm spending 1000+ dollars on an exhaust, I sure as shit better not need to drill and hack away at it. WTF akra?

• Like 1

perhaps it's different in USA... in Europe we have laws that demand db killer to be welded. But as i said, you are making the hole that existed before, they just filled the hole with weld. You aren't doing anything that already wasn't done in akrapovic. No need to panic ;)

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/akrapovic-racing-exhaust-system-yamaha-fz-07-mt-07-2015-2018

I wonder if this exhaust would be compatible with the current Akrapovic Titanium tune from @2wheeldynoworks.
Although it states that "No remapping is required and it is easy to fit." on the Akrapovic website for this new titanium/carbon exhaust.

it's so loud...I need to put ear plugs and it's still to loud hahaha...but I like it :D

Also, fuel consumption is waaaay bigger

• 4 months later...
I wonder if this exhaust would be compatible with the current Akrapovic Titanium tune from @2wheeldynoworks . Although it states that "No remapping is required and it is easy to fit." on the Akrapovic website for this new titanium/carbon exhaust.
I wondered this as well. Is the remapping needed if the baffle is removed?

Anyway, I just unwrapped this exhaust yesterday (USA), and it's definitely welded in. The hole will be covered by the carbon cover, however my worry is reusing the baffle. Guess we'll see tonight.

I wonder if this exhaust would be compatible with the current Akrapovic Titanium tune from @2wheeldynoworks . Although it states that "No remapping is required and it is easy to fit." on the Akrapovic website for this new titanium/carbon exhaust.

Anyway, I just unwrapped this exhaust yesterday (USA), and it's definitely welded in. The hole will be covered by the carbon cover, however my worry is reusing the baffle. Guess we'll see tonight.
Key is to be patient. I found PB blaster and heat works. Just let the bike run for a bit. I mangled mine and bought a replacement. 
I took the small lip around the edge of the baffle off with a sanding disk and now it's easy to remove. Takes me less than 2 minutes to put it in and when it's warm, channel locks and two hits with a hammer it comes out. Now I can be a hooligan with a loud exhaust or a civilized human being.

Key is to be patient. I found PB blaster and heat works. Just let the bike run for a bit. I mangled mine and bought a replacement. 
I took the small lip around the edge of the baffle off with a sanding disk and now it's easy to remove. Takes me less than 2 minutes to put it in and when it's warm, channel locks and two hits with a hammer it comes out. Now I can be a hooligan with a loud exhaust or a civilized human being.

It worked great! Installed/drilled it last night. I understand how it sucks to drill. BUT if there was a screw, there’d be a hole anyway. Just prep. I layered the painters tape to avoid scratches and tapped to start the hole. Then used a 8mm bit and drilled. It went great. A small tug and the baffle came out. Plus, my carbon fiber cover covers the hole.

Oh, and loud isn’t the right word for the sound. It’s FAR beyond loud. By a lot. Wow.

topazsparrow
It worked great! Installed/drilled it last night. I understand how it sucks to drill. BUT if there was a screw, there’d be a hole anyway. Just prep. I layered the painters tape to avoid scratches and tapped to start the hole. Then used a 8mm bit and drilled. It went great. A small tug and the baffle came out. Plus, my carbon fiber cover covers the hole. 
Oh, and loud isn’t the right word for the sound. It’s FAR beyond loud. By a lot. Wow.
Like a thunder strike in a tunnel!

• 2 months later...

I am waiting on my EJK from the good oll USA to arrive before I attempt to remove welded in baffle!   I can see on the inside of the exhaust a round spot of weld about 6mm Dia  where the old bolt came through, With a small pair of calipers it should be possible to get the exact  center of the weld on the outside! Drill with a 8mm spot weld drill with luck it should break the weld if ur measurement's are accurate. Then I will get two shield anchors fixings for concrete  walls or blocks or floors which when the bolt is tightened they expand to a very tight fit, The ones I got fit the 20mm ID pipe a treat! A length of chain with big enough links to slip over the anchor bolt! length about 2 feet I guess, Bolt chain to anchors slip the chain over something solid like a vice or truck hitch with slack in the chain yank the whole exhaust back,   Bit like a slide hammer and hopefully it will pull the offending tooth with no damage to it with luck! Well that is my theory on the subject I just hope its gone to work!      All at your own risk!!!   Cheers from the UK.

• 6 months later...

So, was there a screw AND a weld?

Or was the screw replaced by a weld on the new euro models?

Mine had a screw but I can't get the thing out. 

Edited by aiian

Jason Bruns

New 2017 owner here and trying to install this exhaust but finding the bracket is hitting one of the lower shafts on the rear suspension.  Can't get it pushed up all the way because hanger bracket is hitting.  I'm suspecting I have an incorrect bracket or something.  I think I could cut/grind out a corner for relief, but feel like I shouldn't need too for this $$$..

Anyone have this issue?

IMG_20180515_225417.jpg