The MT-07 Forum

Carbon or stainless?

liami

Anybody have experience on delkevic carbon exhausts? Heard the carbon starts looking bad after a bit, but I like it more than the stainless look. Anybody have poor experiences with the carbon looking like crap after a bit?

Mine is still looking like new, keeping that big stainless pipe shiny sounds like a lot of work, I would go carbon.

attachment.php?attachmentid=25297&d=1468602997

That's arrow though, I've heard bad thing about delkevic carbon, like they use different way to print it or somethig
Yea if their carbon fibre sucks then I would prob get the stainless. how much is it btw?

Carbon one I would want is 415, stainless one I would want is 325. Full system, too
That really is cheap, I paid something like 1K, but Im in Norway and over here nothing is cheap.

some are never satisfied either to expensive or too fooking cheap.
no one is asking you to buy.
so in future I wont bother you can find the fookers yaself.

some are never satisfied either to expensive or too fooking cheap. no one is asking you to buy.

Wow. Okay then. Didn't mean to offend you, I appreciate the effort you put in to finding that. I was just giving my own opinion, as we're all entitled to. Sorry if it was offensive to you, man

What system?
Me? 
The Arrows in the picture, street thunder carbon, I believe its called?

Yea, I actually momentarily forgot it was you who posted that pic lol

some are never satisfied either to expensive or too fooking cheap. no one is asking you to buy.
To be fair, that thing looked like a piece of shit, and what would you mount it to?

Carbon fiber will degrade and deteriorate over time due to heat and UV. Depends on how long you keep your bike, how much you ride out. Well, mileage is the main factor. Mileage and heat. We have a few members here how have had their expensive Akrapovic carbons bite the dust, but these guys tend to be the high mile riders.

I could see why someone wouldn't want the stainless either. There is another option.

Mivv. Its an Italian company. I have Mivv exhausts on my other bike. THey are good and it so happens they make a BLACK STEEL full exhaust for the FZ07. Fairly cheap price too about 576. No shipping fee from PJ's Parts. There is a catch though, it all comes from Italy so it takes a month to arrive.

http://www.pjsparts.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=24_125_247_815&products_id=5444&osCsid=d284cb9bd1dacf48a1c7a56b82cc4a4a

Here is the main page:

http://www.pjsparts.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=24_125_247_815

not offended at all.
not every one can afford to pay good money and this why I posted it.
some just about afford to buy a bike let alone bits.
like everything else in life you get what you pay for its as simple as that.
expensive isn't always the best either,so its horses for courses so to speak.

• Premium Member

I could see how some carbon fiber mufflers could fall apart quick if they skimp on the resin used when laying the cloth. A cheap resin would look real nice at first, but then not hold up to the heat.

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

I mean worst case scenario I carbon fiber the can if the original carbon comes off, right?
why not just get the M4?

Hate the idea of cutting into the stock exhaust, afraid I'll mess up, and don't want to spend the extra for someone else to do it AND I like the pride of doing my own work, regardless of what it is. Plus I've always just liked full systems as opposed to slip ons. Also, if, after a while, I decide I don't like the one I bought, I can buy just an exhaust can (delkevic sells 13 different choices for the fz07) and put that one on for cheaper, basically can change looks when I want. All their choices use the same headers and straight pipe

Could, but M4 plus stock exhaust is 405 (M4 price) plus the exhaust. The carbon delkevic is $10 more, the stainless is $80 less

Yea I'm between that one and the 9" stainless one. Either the 8" carbon with the gaping hole as an exit, or the 9" stainless with a smaller diameter pipe as an exit

Archived