The MT-07 Forum

Need your opinion :)

zerofz07

So I need your opinion on something guys. I've been wanting to get an fj09 for a good while now and I keep seeing some good deals on Craigslist for low mileage ones. I know if I go to a bank or credit union I know I'm going to get accepted for the loan. But what do you guys think should I wait until I pay off my FZ which I still owe maybe like $7,000 on or should I get it and have both bikes? I will definitely be able to keep up with the payments because the FZ is my only debt right now and I don't plan to get in then the other debt. I make more then enough to pay both bikes and to live on.

Long story short : should I wait to get an FJ until I pay off my FZ or should I just get it now?

• Premium Member

My wife would say I have to wait and she would be right.

2015 FZ-07 2003 2014 GSXR 1000

It sounds to me like you're not satisfied with an 07 so I would sell it, get a new 09 and since I had $$$ to blow I would get a fun toy other than a bike. For my pleasure I would get a

wet_bike.jpg

Beemer

• Global Moderator

This is a personal thing and everyone has different ideas on debt, but since you asked... I would pay off the FZ-07 as quickly as possible and then save up a decent down payment for another bike. I personally do not like to finance toys (and my bike is a toy as I bought it 100% for fun) but if that is your only debt then you are already doing better than the vast majority of people, so congratulations on that. Let us know what you decide. The FJ-09 looks like a great bike. It would be nice to have something more touring oriented in the garage.

It sounds to me like you're not satisfied with an 07 so I would sell it, get a new 09 and since I had $$$ to blow I would get a fun toy other than a bike. For my pleasure I would get a  

wet_bike.jpg

I'm very satisfied with my fz07 lol, I just want a better spoetc touring bike because I wanna do state to state riding

This is a personal thing and everyone has different ideas on debt, but since you asked... I would pay off the FZ-07 as quickly as possible and then save up a decent down payment for another bike. I personally do not like to finance toys (and my bike is a toy as I bought it 100% for fun) but if that is your only debt then you are already doing better than the vast majority of people, so congratulations on that. Let us know what you decide. The FJ-09 looks like a great bike. It would be nice to have something more touring oriented in the garage.

Yes I definitely want the FJ for long distance riding. I will still be riding my FZ for canyons and track but that's why I want the FJ

wet_bike.jpg

I'm very satisfied with my fz07 lol, I just want a better spoetc touring bike because I wanna do state to state riding
Oh, now you say that.  
I've always liked this scene from Pup fiction.

[video src=https://youtu.be/k_IXzU-lnLU]

Beemer

Archived