The MT-07 Forum

Any experience with Battery Tender USB Plug?

jbone

https://www.amazon.com/Battery-Tender-081-0158-Disconnect-Charger/dp/B00DJ5KEF4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1489215695&sr=8-1&keywords=battery+tender+usb

Title says it all.

Anyone have experience with this? Good or bad? I'm only planning to use it to charge my iPhone and will run a black iPhone charging cable from the connector to my RAM. If I leave the iPhone charging cable plugged in 24/7, will it drain the battery even if my phone isn't plugged in? I've read it will drain an extremely small charge but would take hundreds of hours to drain it completely. Thoughts?

If this specific item has already been discussed here, please direct me to it. I did a forum search and did not find any thread specifically for it.

Thanks!

I use this exact Battery Tender USB attachment on my FZ-07. Works great for charging my phone. Used it all of last summer and 0 problems with it. Not sure if leaving your cable plugged into it will drain the battery as I've never left the cable plugged into the USB. I can confirm though that the USB adapter itself will not drain your battery as I leave that connected all the time and haven't had any battery problems.

I use this exact Battery Tender USB attachment on my FZ-07. Works great for charging my phone. Used it all of last summer and 0 problems with it. Not sure if leaving your cable plugged into it will drain the battery as I've never left the cable plugged into the USB. I can confirm though that the USB adapter itself will not drain your battery as I leave that connected all the time and haven't had any battery problems.
Awesome, thanks! I'll probably test it out and see if it draws a charge.  

If nothing is using the power going through it I don't see how it could drain any power. Isn't it like how if you don't put a light bulb into a socket no electricity will be used??? The light cord itself doesn't use energy. Not the same thing, maybe???

Beemer

If nothing is using the power going through it I don't see how it could drain any power. Isn't it like how if you don't put a light bulb into a socket no electricity will be used??? The light cord itself doesn't use energy. Not the same thing, maybe???
That was my initial thought too, but then I read this thread and it got me thinking. I feel like an iPhone charging cable plugged in wouldn't draw power unless it was actually connected to the phone... but I'm no expert.

• 1 month later...

I have had this on my bike for 8 months or so and I leave my android cable plugged in all the time with no battery drain issues.

https://www.amazon.com/Motopower-0609A-Waterproof-Motorcycle-Charger/dp/B01DYE54LI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1489635603&sr=8-1&keywords=motorcycle+usb 
ive installed this one to my bike. i liked the idea of being able to unplug the usb section of the charger when not in use (and also for battery charge if needed)
This is the same one I installed, no complaints yet. 

DSCN1329.jpg

photo hosting sites

Archived