The MT-07 Forum

Caberg helmets....

Mr.Puss

• Premium Member

I keep running across these helmets by "Caberg". I know they're technically not approved for use in North America but I really just dont care about that because a great helmet is a great helmet. Most models seem to regularly score very high with reviews and especially the SHARP helmets testing site.  Currently researching to see if its possible to order one over to this side of the pond. 

Anyone have experience with this Caberg brand? I'd really love to hear your impressions.

Love the look of this new model (still awaiting reviews) ...  http://www.caberg.it/en/helmets/flip-up/droid

SHARP helmet testing...  https://sharp.dft.gov.uk/

Thanks!

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

bigdaddybane

I heard of this brand before ... great technology and pretty cool looking lids. In Europe full face Caberg are selling between 150 and 200 EUR (160-220USD).

• Premium Member
I heard of this brand before ... great technology and pretty cool looking lids. In Europe full face Caberg are selling between 150 and 200 EUR (160-220USD).
Yeah I instantly loved the entire look of this one. All their prices are crazy cheap and the Droid is a polycarb shell which makes me little hesitant. Not that this means they're garbage of course as they still get great reviews, the Italians make quality stuff. Just not enough answers on this Droid yet.

Maybe I shouldnt risk the overseas shipment for the "fit of the unknown" and just go try on a Shoei Neotec. 

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

I got a Caberg Duke Legend (with the neon stripes running along the middle, see this image: https://www.motostorm.it/images/products/large/caschi_modulari/caberg_duke_legend_giallo.jpg.

I've had it for 2 years now, and passed around 13k miles with it on my fz07.

It's a fairly quiet helmet, very comfortable and practical.

The negative things I've noticed so far are that it only comes in one shell size (XL I believe), the chin curtain can sometimes get out of its position (if you are the type of person to pull on it when putting the helmet, like me). It's easy to re-install it though. The ventilation is not the best, probably 6/10 for me, but I ride in 100F weather regularly during summer.

I bought it 190EUR from a shop in Greece. The bang for the buck with these helmets is amazing. It has a 5 star Sharp rating, it's modular, it came with a pinlock in the box, it has an internal sun visor, the internals are removable so you can wash them, the visor is top notch quality and has remained unscratched for the last 2 years.

Overall I would recommend the helmet to anyone who doesn't intend to ride over 120-130mph - I can notice the helmet wasn't made for that speed.

Hope that helps, cheers

• Premium Member
I got a Caberg Duke Legend (with the neon stripes running along the middle 
I've had it for 2 years now, and passed around 13k miles with it on my fz07.

It's a fairly quiet helmet, very comfortable and practical.

The negative things I've noticed so far are that it only comes in one shell size (XL I believe), the chin curtain can sometimes get out of its position (if you are the type of person to pull on it when putting the helmet, like me). It's easy to re-install it though. The ventilation is not the best, probably 6/10 for me, but I ride in 100F weather regularly during summer.

I bought it 190EUR from a shop in Greece. The bang for the buck with these helmets is amazing. It has a 5 star Sharp rating, it's modular, it came with a pinlock in the box, it has an internal sun visor, the internals are removable so you can wash them, the visor is top notch quality and has remained unscratched for the last 2 years.

Overall I would recommend the helmet to anyone who doesn't intend to ride over 120-130mph - I can notice the helmet wasn't made for that speed.

Hope that helps, cheers
Great thanks Johnny, exactly the sort of info I was curious about. Hard to tell whether or not if someones just wearing one  around their home while writing their online review.  Much appreciated. 

How's the field of vision with that helmet? It looks a touch restricted to my eyes, though it could be the helemt proportions that's throwing me off.

How's the field of vision with that helmet? It looks a touch restricted to my eyes, though it could be the helemt proportions that's throwing me off.
Top to bottom is fine, side to side maybe a little restricted, and definitely not the best, but I wouldn't say it's an issue for me. I'm doing regular shoulder checks and it's not a problem for me.

• Premium Member
Empire Command to Storm Trooper Mr.Puss... ;)
Haha No kidding. I think thats exactly why I like the look so much. Feel like I should be on the cover of an old campy 80's sci-fi VHS box, protecting big haired space babes in skimpy gold outfits, liquidating scores of space mutants with a flamethrower.  "Mr.Puss, Adventures in the Yamaha Zone" :D 

Nice. $220 to $250 isn't a bad price either, but

"WARNING: This helmet is not homologated for use in the United States of America and Canada. The helmet has been homologated according to the European Standard requirement ECE 22.05; therefore the use of this helmet is allowed only in the countries/nations where the homologation standard ECE/ONU 22.05 is in force"

It's not US DOT certified...

• Premium Member
"WARNING: This helmet is not homologated for use in the United States of America and Canada. The helmet has been homologated according to the European Standard requirement ECE 22.05; therefore the use of this helmet is allowed only in the countries/nations where the homologation standard ECE/ONU 22.05 is in force"

Yeah...I touched on this in my initial post. This doesnt mean its made of paper-mache and eggshell paste.  ;)   The ECE standard is, as far as Ive read, tight as DOT and is also legal in Alberta Canada. WOOT! See, we canucks got some things of importance sorted out.

Yeah...I touched on this in my initial post. This doesnt mean its made of paper-mache and eggshell paste.  ;)   The ECE standard is, as far as Ive read, tight as DOT and is also legal in Alberta Canada. WOOT! See, we canucks got some things of importance sorted out.

Yeah, I'm looking for a new helmet. I was looking at the Bell Revolver, which is similar to this but I'm liking the looks of this one better. I just wished I could use in the states...

• Premium Member

Yeah, I'm looking for a new helmet. I was looking at the Bell Revolver, which is similar to this but I'm liking the looks of this one better. I just wished I could use in the states...
Whats stopping you from ordering one? Cant say my helmet has ever been checked for any certs up here. I honestly dont know what repercussions there would be for using this specific Euro certification in any given state. Possible loss of insurance coverage in accidents? Fines? Its all just seems like cash grabs to certify a helmet for specific regions anyway, so IMO laws not passed based on money be damned. Like I said a good helmet certed by a well recognized standard is a good helmet.  I dunno, I guess if you're in the US you'd have to check what headache might ensue rolling with this cert. A big load of nonsense IMO.
Regardless, the Bell Revolver does get mentioned quite a bit as a good one,  and hard to beat at that price.

• Premium Member

All that would matter to me if not US spec is if it is approved by TUV. Last I recall they were more stringent than the DOT. But, in any event you can use anything you wish, even aluminum foil to protect you from alien brain-wave transmissions. the exception would be a helmet law IF you were ever checked and any sticker can fail and "wear or fall off."

• 7 months later...
On 3/19/2017 at 7:02 PM, Mr.Puss said:

Whats stopping you from ordering one? Cant say my helmet has ever been checked for any certs up here. I honestly dont know what repercussions there would be for using this specific Euro certification in any given state. Possible loss of insurance coverage in accidents? Fines? Its all just seems like cash grabs to certify a helmet for specific regions anyway, so IMO laws not passed based on money be damned. Like I said a good helmet certed by a well recognized standard is a good helmet.  I dunno, I guess if you're in the US you'd have to check what headache might ensue rolling with this cert. A big load of nonsense IMO.
Regardless, the Bell Revolver does get mentioned quite a bit as a good one,  and hard to beat at that price.

I’ve done it. Initial thoughts is this thing is really nice. A lot nicer than my other helmet. But my other was a cheap dual sport helmet on clearance. I’ll be switching my Sena over and hopefully be able to try this thing out soon

F2270E94-3592-4D00-984D-0B23BEA78B94.jpeg

• Premium Member

Cool !! I do like the look of these. If I hadnt already picked up a new lid...

Keep us posted and hope it serves you well.

On 10/28/2017 at 8:39 AM, mcbrien said:

How's the fit? What head shape does this fit. Round , long oval?

I would say my head is more of a round. From the size chart I was right in the middle of M & L. Went with the large of course. Fits really nice and a whole lot quieter than my old clearance helmet. The only complaints I have, but can live with, is the face piece is a little to close to my face. I have a hard time getting it on over my nose. The piece is thick and it scraps my nose as I’m pulling it on. This is cured by lifting the front before putting it on. Slips right on. But while riding that face piece still feels a little too close. I can push my chin out and touch the hard plastic. Makes me think if I have an impact to the front of the helmet it’s still going to smash my chin and possibly break my nose. Still better than not have anything. 

What are you comparing the noise level to, your old dual sport? I have a Bell modular helmet currently and at about 60 the noise level go's way up. Im hoping this helmet is quieter. I love the look of it. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/2/2017 at 12:25 PM, mick97702 said:

What are you comparing the noise level to, your old dual sport? I have a Bell modular helmet currently and at about 60 the noise level go's way up. Im hoping this helmet is quieter. I love the look of it. 

Yes. I only had two helmets ever. One was an old MX helmet I wore ATVing. The other was the dual sport. I have a Sena SMH10R that I had mounted in both the dual sport and this new one. The dual sport I struggled to hear my buddies over 60mph, at 70mph I could hear nothing. This last ride I had the Caberg, we reached speeds up to 90+ and I can hear them talk. With the neck piece and the way the padding fits around your ears it feels like an over the ear headphone. You do hear wind noise blowing pass the visor but it’s not in the helmet.  I just purchased some riding earplugs to cut down on that wind noise at speed. We’ll see how they work.

Overall I’m really happy with it and wish I had more to compare it too but I don’t.  Hope this helps. 0877B8F4-86B9-4654-833D-E62EAA691A61.thumb.jpeg.370ed44a2a0397a1e5cb1989ab6bde08.jpeg

Archived