Sign in to follow this  
cyandi

Montana rider

cyandi
Hey everyone,
The name is Cy-
With the changing weather here in Montana, I went out and bought the only FZ07 I could find in town. Brand new, still in the crate- didn't have a single mile on it. I'm enjoying breaking it in, I've never bought a bike brand new before. Any tips on that is very welcome! Still cold and snowing here though, but I was stoked to ride even when it was barely 40 degrees out. 

If anyone is from Montana or nearby states let me know! There aren't a ton of bike owners here and I'd love to meet up and make some friends.
IMG_0917.jpg

• Like 1

mossrider
Welcome from MN, put on a lot of miles in your state too. 
  • Like 1

bigdaddybane
Congrats on your new ride! Welcome!
  • Like 1

i28
Welcome to the madness! :)

hugson2wheels
Welcome to the forums. ?

If god created us in his image, does that mean god is an egomaniac as well?

Beemer
Welcome and congrats! It wouldn't hurt to do your 1st oil change at 300 miles, rather than 600. I would change over to full synthetic at my 2nd oil change after everything has seated.

Beemer

cyandi
Welcome and congrats! It wouldn't hurt to do your 1st oil change at 300 miles, rather than 600. I would change over to full synthetic at my 2nd oil change after everything has seated.

That's kind of the plan. I have around 120 miles right now and will probably change it sooner than 300, to be honest. Seems like some people are really serious about breaking in their bikes- oil changes at 100, 200, 500, or some variation, up to 1000 miles. So you're saying go full synthetic on the second oil change?

Beemer
That's kind of the plan. I have around 120 miles right now and will probably change it sooner than 300, to be honest. Seems like some people are really serious about breaking in their bikes- oil changes at 100, 200, 500, or some variation, up to 1000 miles. So you're saying go full synthetic on the second oil change?
It's a personal choice, you don't have to. I did it only because of what I know about full synthetics and I like longer intervals of changing the oil for the main reason. If you change your oil on time with regular oil your machine will be just fine. 
  • Like 1

Beemer