The MT-07 Forum

Puig delivers windscreen

yamabob

Just got the 7016 screen for the FZ07. Will mount next week. Vendor has been excellent. Promised and delivered on time. Included was the Puig catalog, they make a huge variety of screens.7016N - PUIG Windscreen Fairing for Yamaha FZ-07   $159.00http://www.motovationusa.com/mvstore/scripts/prodView.asp?idProduct=2351
Motovation Accessories, LLC
8403 Cross Park Drive Ste 3E
Austin, TX 78754
512-697-9672
Will post pix and description soon.

TwistedTorque

Ugh I'm annnoyed. One of the bolts isn't catching through the mounting bracket. I installed it anyway since with 3 bolts it's not going to go anywhere but I will likely need a second hand tomorrow to help me push it down further.

The pictures suck because of the lighting and how annoyed I was. I will take better ones during the week.

2IWWl0E.jpg

yA2On7Q.jpg

is that orange cable your cruise control
haha I wish. Just a disc lock reminder cable.
And I thought the cable was to control the chipmunk when he was pulling the bike. 

• Premium Member

Off topic but move your disc lock to the back wheel. The thieves will either just take the front wheel off and replace it or put it on a special rolling pallet to bypass the lock.

Keep the rubber side down and the shiny side up.

TwistedTorque
The PUIG windscreen looks awesome on the fz07 I think. How does it do in deflecting the wind though?
Wanted to try it out today but it looks like it might rain. Worse case I'll give it a go tomorrow. 

TwistedTorque
We don't know if you got the large or small screen. It looks small.
That would be the sport screen. 8-)   Touring was a bit too big for my taste.

Is it easily removable from the bike? Did it take long to install?
Easily removable and quick install provided you don't end up like me with one bolt not reaching >:D. It comes with 2 brackets (left side and right side) that mount to the bike and to the windshield. The bracket uses the 4 screws that are already on the bike. The windshield itself mounts to the bracket with 4 smaller hex bolts that are provided.

0- Windshield came pre-mounted to brackets, I had to remove it first to gain access to the brackets.
1- Removed 4 bolts from windshield.
2- Removed 4 existing bolts from bike
3- Used 4 existing bolts from bike to mount brackets.
4- Re-inserted windshield to brackets.
5- Ride away.

• Premium Member

Mine fit perfectly. I'm interested to hear how you find it when riding. Mine didn't deflect the wind as much as I expected. .

Mine fit perfectly. I'm interested to hear how you find it when riding. Mine didn't deflect the wind as much as I expected. .
Rode it with the first time today on the highway. I'm about 5'6 (on a good day 8-) ) and it pushed the wind to my upper shoulders. No more find around my inner chest and heart. About what I expected and exactly what I was looking for. I didn't want to lose the naked feel but wanted something minimal as well as a windscreen to place my EZ-pass Mount..

If you are looking for some serious wind protection definitely look into the touring version or some other touring model. 

What Twisted said above. I installed the shorty last night in about 10 minutes. Commuted it with it today at highway speeds. I'm 5-09 and it made a modest difference in wind flow overall, but it will keep the keep the bugs off instrument cluster and there's just enough flat space on the back to mount an EZ-Pass transponder if you need to as I do.

20140916_173224.jpg

I have the Puig touring screen waiting for me at home. Will install and report back. I can't wait to install and get on the highway. No screen was a good way to keep my speed under 80mph.

I installed the Puig sport touring screen. It's a little better but not much. I will say that it is less noticeable IMO compared to pictures you see online. Even the touring screen looks small when you see it live. I got the light smoke color because I thought it would be less noticeable and it is.

The wind and noise is still there but traveling above 80 Is more comfortable. The wind force is more consistent.

You can get into a tuck and reduce a lot more of the wind with the screen.

I am 5-10. If your over 6 foot I doubt you will notice the difference.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived