The MT-07 Forum

Post your camping / traveling setup & how it fits on your FZ

grail21

I'm sure some of you are also members over at ADV, even those who are not ADV riders (myself included). Lots of good photo threads over there, one of my favorites is the one showing how all your camping / traveling gear fits on your bike. I came up dry when I did a search here, so figured I'd start my own. It's probably improper to start a photo thread without posting a photo, but I just got my bike a week ago and haven't been able to take it on a long ride yet.

So as the title suggests: Post up photos of your bike loaded with all your traveling or camping gear. I'm curious to see how others pack up their tents / sleeping bags / gear for extended (or not extended) rides. Always good to get inspiration and tips

Rear rack 40-50 liter topcase, 15-20 liter panniers, good size waterproof duffle bag bigger if taking camping gear, sleeping bag in waterproof sea to Summit bag on top of duffle , clothes in topcase. If not camping you can either leave the duffle or topcase off & possibly both. Maybe seatbag ,tankbag & panniers. Don't forget your tools & tire repair kit. It cost three times more to stay in Motels compared to camping. My total gear weight when I'm going camping for more than a day,like a week is around 75Lbs. 15 Lbs of that is a 16 can soft cooler with food/ ect in my topcase with Clothes around cooler. I'm still trying to not take so much stuff.
                     But I'm Prepared !   Knock on Wood 

njdevils1990
20140823_235131_zpswwcmdmln.jpg
This was my every day setup. Worked very well and was cheap. Saddle bags were off of a Buell Blast and "tail bag" was just an old backpack. Was able to carry quite a lot with this setup and my "tail bag" will work as a "tank bag" as well which I did and strapped a tent and sleeping bag for when I did a trip to New Jersey Motorsports Park in 2015 for a track day event.

2003 Buell XB9R (2011-2011) Crashed
2009 Buell 1125CR (2011-2013) Sold
2015 Yamaha FZ-07 (2014-?) Current

308144.png

• 7 months later...
On 3/14/2017 at 7:31 PM, njdevils1990 said:

20140823_235131_zpswwcmdmln.jpg
This was my every day setup. Worked very well and was cheap. Saddle bags were off of a Buell Blast and "tail bag" was just an old backpack. Was able to carry quite a lot with this setup and my "tail bag" will work as a "tank bag" as well which I did and strapped a tent and sleeping bag for when I did a trip to New Jersey Motorsports Park in 2015 for a track day event.

Definitely doing this setup again for the '17 I'll be picking up today! 20171101_184146_zpsyjfhu1xo.jpg

2003 Buell XB9R (2011-2011) Crashed
2009 Buell 1125CR (2011-2013) Sold
2015 Yamaha FZ-07 (2014-?) Current

308144.png

I can't post pictures because they are on my phone and apparently they're too large.  I went down to Switzerland twice this summer on 2 and 4 day trips with the Ogio all weather duffle and SW Motech Blaze bags.  They combine to give me 100 liters of storage with plenty of room for my tent, sleeping bag, food and other necessities.  I posted some pictures on the Facebook page.

Camelback, carries 64 oz's of water, .40 extra mags, food, fix it stuff, tire plugs, co2 cart, trail buddies, misc tools, legal stuff, and cloths if I need it for the distance. 

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

Archived