The MT-07 Forum

Installing Hepco and Becker C-Bow Rack

rybronium

Hello,
I am wondering if anybody has installed the Hepco & Becker C-Bow rack on to their FZ 07s. Mine were delivered yesterday and the instructions are a little hard for me to follow...I understand that I would need to cut around the bolts for the back fender, but the "drilling pattern" they included is a bit unclear. Does anyone have any advice, pictures, or even an install video I could use as reference? 

Thanks!

Wonder if these are the same 2 holes per side that the SW Motech rack uses? If that's the case, then there's templates (page 7) that worked out pretty much perfectly. here http://shop.sw-motech.com/cosmoshop/artikelpdf/gpt_06_506_15000_b.pdf
Those look like the exact same holes that I would need to drill. That template and instructions for drilling those holes looks more informative and helpful as well. I will try this out and let you know how it works. 
Thanks for your response!

I have a H-B rack on my Aprilia. The directions were not in English and in places, the picts didn't help much either. That rack has held up quite well over 15 years, so you should be happy with the quality of the hard bits in the end. But their directions do leave a bit to be desired for sure.

If those templates, after you print out do not appear to be correct in scale, I'm pretty sure I still have mine tucked away somewhere. I can take a pict or 2 with a ruler or even copy them and send snail mail.

I have a H-B rack on my Aprilia. The directions were not in English and in places, the picts didn't help much either. That rack has held up quite well over 15 years, so you should be happy with the quality of the hard bits in the end. But their directions do leave a bit to be desired for sure.  
If those templates, after you print out do not appear to be correct in scale, I'm pretty sure I still have mine tucked away somewhere. I can take a pict or 2 with a ruler or even copy them and send snail mail.

That template worked like a charm and I got everything installed and it turned out really well. You are right, they do seem very sturdy and I don't doubt they will last for as long so I want them on there.  
Thanks again for your help, it was greatly appreciated. 

cool. glad it helped

Imn general, racks and luggage mounts are kinda ugly. That H-B rack really spoils the lines of my Futura. But I can't seem to live w/o the practicality they bring, so I just try to not look.

Archived