The MT-07 Forum

how much did you invest in your FZ/MT 07?

rhb

@rhb - Does that windscreen do much or just look neat? Looks pretty low for any real function, but I really like the look! Your thoughts?

2016 FZ-07
2008 CRF250X
2008 Rebel 250 (Wife's)
2000 XR100R (Wife's)

• Premium Member
panchobullet

Well, I know I can do the maths because I have them all in a spreadsheet but honestly I just dont want to know. But if you are curious about what I have done so far and what I'm looking forward to do I already posted it here:

https://fz07.org/thread/4766/chilean-rider-dark-love-story

Also since I live in Chile on top of each part cost consider internation shipping and custom taxes (about 30%~40% extra for each) and sliders + bar ends I needed to buy them twice due a stupid low side (nothing but the sliders and bar ends were damaged so I was lucky). What I'm going to do once I have all my mods list completed? Probably just keep Dark-Y for life and get another bike to do the same... R3, R6 or R1M may be in the horizon for one day... Hopefully sooner than later, but that day will come...

- Pancho

You've never seen me cause I'm too damn fast!

Well, I know I can do the maths because I have them all in a spreadsheet but honestly I just dont want to know. But if you are curious about what I have done so far and what I'm looking forward to do I already posted it here: 
https://fz07.org/thread/4766/chilean-rider-dark-love-story

Also since I live in Chile on top of each part cost consider internation shipping and custom taxes (about 30%~40% extra for each) and sliders + bar ends I needed to buy them twice due a stupid low side (nothing but the sliders and bar ends were damaged so I was lucky). What I'm going to do once I have all my mods list completed? Probably just keep Dark-Y for life and get another bike to do the same... R3, R6 or R1M may be in the horizon for one day... Hopefully sooner than later, but that day will come...

- Pancho
Only for looks, and it is why I bought it, A naked bike should be naked :) a wind in your face rocket, like to old days. you know, real bikes for real men... 

I say "not enough". Wife says "too much". It's all about perspective! $2k-ish so far including protection kit, exhaust, integrated tail light, front signals, fender eliminator.

• Premium Member
I say "not enough". Wife says "too much". It's all about perspective! $2k-ish so far including protection kit, exhaust, integrated tail light, front signals, fender eliminator.
Its not a lie when I say a good deal of mods could very well be considered "safety" related...extra lights, louder exhaust, mirrors, Helite air-vest and other higher-end gear/wearables etc.  
Wives like safety, unless of course they have a very sizable insurance policy on you.  :D  

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• Premium Member

After a few change-ups for this season... Gear included.  (Crossed out stuff has been retired and/or replaced)

-Bitubo JBH fork cartridges
-Bitubo XZE-11 Shock
-Yamaha sub cowl
-PMR dual bar-switch (for Denali DM)
-Yoshimura R-77 SS exhaust
-Yamaha Comfort seat
-Bikevis Bullets x8
-Dobeck EJK
-Driven TT rearsets
-Cyclops 3800 led headlight
-K&N filter
-Ermax undertail
-194 mini led headlight bulb (amber)
-Hordpower airbox
-PC-V
-Rizoma Reverse Retro mirrors
-Denali DM Micro x4
-Rizoma Polycarb screen (gun-metal)
-Rizoma Avio 21 signals
-Dainese Avro Jacket/manis spine armour
-Rizoma Bar-ends
-Scorpio SRi900 alarm w/perimetre sensor
-Dainese Pony perf leather pants
-Rizoma Lux Billet Grips
-'Custom-led' brake light strobe
-Racer R-Safe gloves
-CRG Rc2 Full Levers
-3 SAE connections
-Helite airvest
-OES Frame sliders, spools, fork
-Stebel Nautilus Compact Tuning horn
-Shoei Neotec Modular + 31mm cheek pads.
-"Amazon" Drag-bar
-Blinker genies
-Sidi Vertigo boots
-Beowulf Rad-guard (powder-coated)
-'Custom-led' Relay
-Sena10c w/ Iasus-X3 speakers
-Sena Handlebar remote.
-kickers (powder-coated)
-Custom project cabochon airscoop DRL/Sig
-Motoport- Airmesh Street Jeans
-N-52 magnets (for oil filter)
-Air scoop led neon mod (amber)
-Fiio-A1 mini headphone amp
-N-52 magnet oil-pan plug
-Ecliptech Shift-I
-Rpha MAX Modular
-Custom cut 3M rim-tape @ 1/2 inch
-12"Amber strips (hidden above engine) x2
-Custom project EL panels (airvest)
-R&G Case guards 
-RAM mount plus bits etc.
-Ermax rear hugger
-Pyramid front fender xtender
-TechSpec Snakeskin tank guards
-Rizoma gas-cap, black
-"Savage" Windscreen- (matte black)
-Little black 3d skulls for R&G engine covers :)
-Moto-D-racing "Coolmax" onesie + socks
-Valken Vtec Zulu Glasses/goggles.
-Clover SRS-2 WP gloves.
-Kriega r-25 backpack
-Kriega Us-70 Drybag system.
-Olympia New horizon rain jacket.
-"Brakefree" helmet brake light (indigogo campaign)
-Nelson Rigg-"Falcon Defender 2000" cover. (preposterous name but great cover, ray-gun sadly not included) Pew!Pew!..Pew!

+ a bunch of other crap as Im sure we all have. Im not going to tally it up because it just doesnt matter, the experiences far outweigh any cost.

Im just thankful Im not addicted to doing up a show car or truck from the ground up as a few pals have. We get to talking about mods and how ridiculous it can get and good lord the money one has spent is absolutely mind numbing and they barely if ever drive them. Beautiful pieces of work to be sure but man oh man.

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• Premium Member

@mr.puss are there any parts left that are original? :D

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

mossrider

For anyone that has done more than change levers and oil, please read the following aloud:

[b style=font-size:x-large]I[/b]
[b style=font-size:x-large]Am[/b]
[b style=font-size:x-large]Sofa[/b]
[b style=font-size:x-large]King[/b]
[b style=font-size:x-large]We[/b]
[b style=font-size:x-large]Todd[/b]
[b style=font-size:x-large]Ed[/b]

?

I paid the eqv. of USD 10,000 for the bike at today's exchange rate. It came with

Arrows full exhaust,
EJK,
racing air filter (sigh),
3 different windscreens,
frame/fork/swingarm sliders,
engine crash protector covers,
R6 throttle,
some different hand grips,
passenger peg removal kit,
aluminium bits powder coated black,
aftermarket mirrors,
aftermarket short levers,
aftermarket foot pegs,
aftermarket front indicators,
rear fender eliminator kit,
tank grip pads

And probably a few things I forgot to mention.

In addition, I have ordered;
Nitron R2 fully adjustable shock,
DDC valves for the fork,
pillion bag,
front fender extender,
rear fender extender,
heated OEM grips,
rear hugger

Still considering;
Bolt 950 headlight,
instrument change,
fork gaiters

I use the largest screen, reverted to the stock mirrors (they actually work with about 1/4 view of the road behind on the left and 1/3 of the mirror left on the right), stock front indicators and plan to fit the stock rear fender.

For anyone that has done more than change levers and oil, please read the following aloud: 

?

Really making friends in this thread, aren't ya?

2016 FZ-07
2008 CRF250X
2008 Rebel 250 (Wife's)
2000 XR100R (Wife's)

• Premium Member

?

Very "Harley Davidson" of you....and levers is the "must do"?? If enjoying modding my bike is 'We Todd Ed' then I sir am  definitely on that bus. ;) 

?

Very "Harley Davidson" of you....and levers is the "must do"?? If enjoying modding my bike is 'We Todd Ed' then I sir am  definitely on that bus. ;)

Agreed! I actually purchased this bike over more expensive options so I could spend the same amount eventually but have a bike that I've custom-tuned to my liking. Not everyone buys something because they think it comes perfect stock.

mkowalski25

Canadian
OTD $9100
Ti Akra Exhaust 1250
Mirror Bar ends $25
CNC Levers $35
Fender Eliminator $50
Turn Signals & Relay $100
Frame Sliders $100

Soon:
Rad Guards $130
Rad Side Guard $60
ECU Flash = $300

Total 10600 CAD
Total USD 7700

• Global Moderator

@mrpuss, how do you like the Sena remote? I was considering one but was not sure where it would mount or if it would be worthwhile. Your thoughts would be appreciated.

• Premium Member
@mrpuss , how do you like the Sena remote? I was considering one but was not sure where it would mount or if it would be worthwhile. Your thoughts would be appreciated.
I wish I could offer a road report but our riding season is just beginning here, just havent had a chance to get out there.  
FWIW the function list looks extensive and will take some figuring out in classic Sena style. It fits really sung to the metal billet grip Im using.  I have too much stuff mounted on my bars to place it anywhere else. As well it doesnt get in the way of my mitts while wearing heavy racing gloves. My palm measures 3.5" glove-less.

If it were just me riding alone I might not have bothered with the remote but my overly-protective self wanted my wife to keep both her hands on her grips as much as possible...and seemingly I have a bit of a "problem/addiction" buying gadgets and bits for this bike. HA.
 Im not sure of your riding environment, Id say its more of a question of how comfortable you are removing a hand to screw around with the helmet mounted device.

I'll update when I get the thing dialed in.

• Premium Member
cornerslider

I picked mine up a little over a week ago $7200 ish OTD. Akrapovic pipe $915, PCV $350, Ohlins shock $535, Race tech front springs & emulators $265, T-Rex slider kit $260, Yoshimura tail tidy $115, and other misc. (levers, mirrors, signals, flasher, etc.) $100.... Looks like just under $10,000. It's about what I expected spend to set it up for track days-

""W.O.T. until you see god, then brake"

Archived