The MT-07 Forum

Rim Stickers

Beemer

Looks good! I cant even get rim tape to come out right!
Thanks, but with close inspection they aren't perfect. (about a half mil off) At distance it's not noticeable and that's good enough for me. ;) 

Beemer

Looks good! I cant even get rim tape to come out right!
Thanks, but with close inspection they aren't perfect. (about a half mil off) At distance it's not noticeable and that's good enough for me. ;)
Doubt you could tell at speed either.  LOL 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
Okay, Beemer, I'll bite; why on only one wheel?
Maybe this is the wheel at head level of curious cagers when he zips off the line. ;) 

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

Okay, Beemer, I'll bite; why on only one wheel?
It's simple really. I wanted to keep all the blue color toward the front of the bike and I also like the lop[sided effect one wheel with a sticker has when turning at low speeds. It's always grabbed my attention when I've seen it on other bikes so I want my bike that way, too. 

Beemer

• Premium Member

Yes, mcbrien... many. Do a search. I don't remember where mine came from other than from ebay, but they were not that much and not that hard to apply if one follows the directions. Mine have been on for 1.5-2 years I suspect and look the same as when installed. They also come in different colors. These are a darkish, metalic gray when not reflecting light, like the flash used for this pic.

P1020618_2_b.jpg

• Premium Member
Does any one know of any reflective rim stickers ?Night Rider !
I bought a couple 30foot, 1 inch rolls of 3M reflective tape and a cutter/slitter tool for large custom sized strips. If you also plan to do up the bike and helmet or other gear, its definitely the way to go as basic prepacked/cut rim stickers are pretty damn expensive and really skinny in comparison. You'll have a ton of tape to play with. Search for reflective hoolahoop tape and you'll find what you need.  
If you're in the US, tons of places have these.  Expensive but IMO it is without a doubt worth every penny for a clean professional and hassle free cut job.

http://www.hoopologie.com/ronan-metal-tape-slitter-2-inch

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

Archived