The MT-07 Forum

M4 exhaust

liami

My search criteria didn't bring up anything on the M4 on this page, otherwise I wouldn't be posting this...but does anyone have any useful thoughts/reviews on the M4 slip on exhaust? I don't know how I feel about the sudden color change from the headers to the pipe leading to the muffler, but it's a cheap easy solution and Ill actually be heard for once. Ideas or suggestions?

I like my M4 muffle a lot. Couldn't justify a $700+ system and this is a great alternative.

It's wayyyy too loud w/o the baffle to not use ear plugs, even with the baffle it's really loud and I'd suggest ear plugs still.

One minor gripe is that I had to cut the stock exhaust a little further up as the weld between the two stock pipes went a little too far up to where I couldn't get a M4 to slide on far enough for a complete coverage, I used high temp RTV which has sealed it fine but I could go and oblong the rear mount tab to get it to slide further up if I wanted.

As far as the color difference between the stock pipes and new pipe it is a little annoying at first but with time the M4 "burns in" darker and starts to match a bit.

1cb077e395cd8f689561a956418f7f15.jpg

I have the M4 and like it a lot. As mentioned above the color changes after a while. It's pretty loud with the baffle out, but sounds just right to me with it in.

ducttapewd40
My search criteria didn't bring up anything on the M4 on this page, otherwise I wouldn't be posting this...but does anyone have any useful thoughts/reviews on the M4 slip on exhaust? I don't know how I feel about the sudden color change from the headers to the pipe leading to the muffler, but it's a cheap easy solution and Ill actually be heard for once. Ideas or suggestions?

Paint the whole thing with exhaust paint.

http://imgur.com/UNMGtd9

http://i.imgur.com/UNMGtd9.jpg

A black widow full system is cheaper than the m4. They probably perform about the same. Black widow is loud as hell without the baffle as well, probably going to put the baffle back in mine

M4 best exhaust i have heard on the bike to date. also one of the cheapest lightest and cleanest looking. baffle out it sounds insane baffle in live a old V8 muscle car

16707593_10155032157047192_7701991419780015039_o.jpg?oh=3f034cc270847d01c06af3a3af46c557&oe=5964AB20

Archived