Sign in to follow this  
Sweeps

MT-10 / FZ-10 oem led lights fit MT-07 / FZ-07?

Sweeps
I am really liking the stock MT-10 led lights and wonder if anyone has had success doing a simple swap plug and play ( may have to rewire plugs I think)? Trying to order anything in Thailand a real hassle from Yamaha as there just are not that many big bike dealers. I found these on eBay and thought perhaps worth a try? http://m.ebay.com/itm/122314033364?_mwBanner=1
  • Like 1

duenan
The fz10 blinkers should be the same as the R1 and no it isn't plug and play and definitely needs to be rewired. The connector is very different from the fz07 ones.

There is a member on here who I believe might've done it. At least they were looking into doing it, not sure if they did.

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

sorkyah
The fz10 blinkers should be the same as the R1 and no it isn't plug and play and definitely needs to be rewired. The connector is very different from the fz07 ones. 
There is a member on here who I believe might've done it. At least they were looking into doing it, not sure if they did.

I have swapped the signals and there were 1-2 others i believe as well.
The connectors are completely different between the r1/fz07. the headlamp bulbs are different, and the r1 front end is about an inch wider than the fz07

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

sorkyah
I am really liking the stock MT-10 led lights and wonder if anyone has had success doing a simple swap plug and play ( may have to rewire plugs I think)? Trying to order anything in Thailand a real hassle from Yamaha as there just are not that many big bike dealers. I found these on eBay and thought perhaps worth a try? http://m.ebay.com/itm/122314033364?_mwBanner=1

1489316669510186550119.jpg

Excuse the mess, attempting to clean the garage
  • Like 1

chilland
@sorkyah those are the r1 signals? Any chance you could do a walkthrough? I'd really like to see if I can make the FZ-10 signals work. I wanna keep my DRLs without a blinker genie if possible.

sorkyah
@sorkyah those are the r1 signals? Any chance you could do a walkthrough? I'd really like to see if I can make the FZ-10 signals work. I wanna keep my DRLs without a blinker genie if possible.

I would have no problem with that I just need to get back to Arizona. I'm going to be in California for the next week and a half maybe 2 weeks.
  • Like 1

vroomvroom
I would have no problem with that I just need to get back to Arizona. I'm going to be in California for the next week and a half maybe 2 weeks.

I second that request.

Sweeps
Above are my eBay FZ-10 knock off amber LEDs and I could not be happier for the price. Blinker genies were required to maintain DRLs as they are two wire setup

sunblock

Beautiful.

Got a link or description for them?