The MT-07 Forum

Ixil L3xb ejk setting

yamijanick1

yamijanick1

Hey there my fellow fz riders! So I just recently installed the ejk kit for my ixil l3xb exhaust system and I'm having trouble on getting that perfect gas mileage. I'm running baffles out and snorkel out as well and getting a whooping 44.3mpg and use to avg 45mpg without the ejk kit:((. I input the dobeck setting they have posted, but the trouble I'm facing is finding that optimal setting for baffles out. I wanted to know the ones with the same setup what settings are you guys running. Any help from others with the same setup or anyone just in general would be greatly appreciated

thanks!

• Premium Member

My guess is your riding a bit harder now that you got an aftermarket exhaust giving you that " go faster " sound compared to the stock exhaust sounding like an industrial sewing machine...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

bigdaddybane
Hey there my fellow fz riders! So I just recently installed the ejk kit for my ixil l3xb exhaust system and I'm having trouble on getting that perfect gas mileage. I'm running baffles out and snorkel out as well and getting a whooping 44.3mpg and use to avg 45mpg without the ejk kit:((. I input the dobeck setting they have posted, but the trouble I'm facing is finding that optimal setting for baffles out. I wanted to know the ones with the same setup what settings are you guys running. Any help from others with the same setup or anyone just in general would be greatly appreciated

thanks!
I also have EJK but with a Yoshi exhaust. I reached my "perfect" setup after two or three weeks playing with different settings. If you're not sure how to improve the performance, call Dobeck folks , they will be more than happy to assist you.

yamijanick1
thanks!
I also have EJK but with a Yoshi exhaust. I reached my "perfect" setup after two or three weeks playing with different settings. If you're not sure how to improve the performance, call Dobeck folks , they will be more than happy to assist you.
yea I've already gave dobeck a ring and asked about if they had some sort of setting that they just never posted. They didn't really give an accurate answer, but they said it's probably most likely back pressure so idk what zone to mess to fix that

bigdaddybane
yea I've already gave dobeck a ring and asked about if they had some sort of setting that they just never posted. They didn't really give an accurate answer, but they said it's probably most likely back pressure so idk what zone to mess to fix that
Tell me again what you don't like with the present settings? Gas mileage or something else?

yamijanick1
Tell me again what you don't like with the present settings? Gas mileage or something else?
yea pretty much want to get better gas mileage :/ because I feel like the bike isn't running good if the gas mileage keeps on dropping. If that makes any sense

• Premium Member

With an aftermarket exhaust you tend to run a richer map than stock which drops mpg a tad...mpg can decrease more if aftermarket exhaust results in less HP/TQ than stock exhaust...

Are you checking mpg by miles used and what it takes to fill it up or are you going by the dash?

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

Archived