The MT-07 Forum

Wiring help

e30kawi

I am needing some help with some wiring.  I tried to find a wiring diagram online but no real luck.  I am in need of the wiring diagram for the starter switch and the lighting switch and what they went to.    Some of it seems straight forward, the starter switch has 9 wires (2 are for the front brake) and six of them have the same color wire where there connect to, but three of them do not match up. I can't exactly tell which wire is to mate with which wire as the connectors were smashed when I wrecked my bike.

I can post pictures if that would help clarify what  I am asking.

You can find a service manual for the FZ-07, it might have some diagrams on wiring and also give the color of each specific wire.

You can find a service manual for the FZ-07, it might have some diagrams on wiring and also give the color of each specific wire.
Yeah I am hoping someone that has one could help me out or if someone happens to have their bike apart they could help me out. Not really interested in spending $100 on it just yet.

Not very easy to read on the computer either. I just ordered a shop manual on a cd rom for 13$ hopefully it will have some better pictures or written wire colors in it.

Not very easy to read on the computer either. I just ordered a shop manual on a cd rom for 13$ hopefully it will have some better pictures or written wire colors in it.
There is a wiring diagram for the entire bike towards the end of the manual. It is a technical drawing so it is a bit difficult to follow. 

There is a wiring diagram for the entire bike towards the end of the manual. It is a technical drawing so it is a bit difficult to follow. 
I am hoping that the colors are easier to read and to figure out what they go to.  I have looked at one lines before so that part isn't too bad for me, just need to figure out which wires to mate up.
  • Like 1

My Aprilia's electrics are far more complicated than the FZ's, but the wiring diagram for this bike is far harder to follow. Last time I tried to suss out something, I just gave up.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
My Aprilia's electrics are far more complicated than the FZ's, but the wiring diagram for this bike is far harder to follow. Last time I tried to suss out something, I just gave up.

I got the disk in and it is a bit easier to read than the online pdf. Got it figured out. Need to buy a couple things and will see if the motor still runs.

• 5 years later...
JuanAgustin
On 3/18/2017 at 8:23 PM, e30kawi said:

I got the disk in and it is a bit easier to read than the online pdf. Got it figured out. Need to buy a couple things and will see if the motor still runs.

Hi man, did you fix it? Im having trouble trying to find some cables that were cutted when the Police steal parts off the bike after the previos owner crashed.

I Will realy apreciate some help.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/11/2022 at 1:28 AM, JuanAgustin said:

Hi man, did you fix it? Im having trouble trying to find some cables that were cutted when the Police steal parts off the bike after the previos owner crashed.

I Will realy apreciate some help.

I was able to get it back running again, but as far as being able to help, I don't think I'll be able to help. That was six years ago. Sorry. But the manual so you can view it.