The MT-07 Forum

Heated glove review

rick

Just read this review of the Joe Rocket Burner gloves. For those of you guys who brave the cold and don't want to deal with wires and new grips, these look pretty good.

http://www.motorcycle.com/products/mo-tested-joe-rocket-rocket-burner-textile-gloves?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Motorcycle.com_weekly&utm_source=Motorcycle.com20170302

Good find! While no glove is perfect, these winter gloves are pretty nice from what I've read. The guy pointed out a difference in finger tip temperature but he didn't say his fingers got cold either. The one thing I noticed is they said the batteries can last up to four hours but that is most likely on the low setting and less time on higher but still, a nice glove. A person can always buy extra batteries to keep on hand.

Beemer

• Global Moderator

I have those gloves and have been very happy with them. They are not quite warm enough when it gets in to the thirties but are great for 40° and up. They are definitely better than nothing when it gets colder but you will still start to feel the cold after a while.

I have those gloves and have been very happy with them. They are not quite warm enough when it gets in to the thirties but are great for 40° and up. They are definitely better than nothing when it gets colder but you will still start to feel the cold after a while.
How often do you use it?  I saw on revzilla reviews that quite a few people have had issues with the glove breaking after a year and such.  Also is it true the thumb isn't heated? 

• Global Moderator
How often do you use it?  I saw on revzilla reviews that quite a few people have had issues with the glove breaking after a year and such.  Also is it true the thumb isn't heated?

I have only had the gloves since Christmas so cannot comment on the long term durability. The thumbs are heated.

Hand guards would help keep the cold air at bay.

Back when I used to commute in temps down into the 20s, I had a K-bike with heated grips. Those grips got really hot, but the cold aluminum clutch/brake levers did a better sucking the warmth out of the glove. Those grips were at their best when it was in the low 50s and I was wearing lighter gloves.

It's always gonna be a compromise.

Archived