The MT-07 Forum

Do I need a reflash? Help!

carolinakid570

carolinakid570

Hey y'all I'm new to the forum and could use some help!!! I picked up a 2016 fz and added a full 2 bros sr1 exhaust system, I purchased a EJK tuner and I'm wondering do I need to reflash my ecu? Or is that was the EJK does? Sorry if this is a noob question or is covered somewhere else! Thanks y'all!

The EJK will add more fuel to compensate for the lean condition brought on by the full exhaust. You're good.

2016 Raven (White) ~ Akrapovic Carbon Exhaust / 2WDW ECU Flash / CRG LS Mirrors / Seat Concepts Seat / Givi Windscreen / OES Sliders / R6 Throttle Tube / Ohlins YA419 & NIX22

• Premium Member

Congrants on the new bike

The EJK only adds or subtracts fuel across 3 rpm ranges...which will be good enough if thats all your worried about...

An ECU reflash can adjust just about anything from fan temps, fueling, ignition, speed limiter removal, etc...go this route If you want more than just adjusting the fueling...this can also be done by you with the appropriate bench flashing kit or sent off to a person who does ECU reflashes...

We have a few vendors and threads on the forum who do ECU reflashes, one is located Ohio by the name of HordPower or 2wdw located in Washington, both can also do dyno tuning...

If you choose the ECU reflash you do not need to use the EJK but you still can if you really want to...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

carolinakid570

Ok awesome information y'all! well sense I already have the EJK depending on the $, I'll do both? How much do the Ecu flashes run?

You'll only need one or the other, you typically don't want both as it would be a waste of money and they would be fighting each other trying to do some of the same operations. Now for the EJK/PCV vs a Flash, that's more of a personal preference. The flash does a few things that the EJK/PCV can not like decrease the engine breaking and change the fan temp trigger.

2016 Raven (White) ~ Akrapovic Carbon Exhaust / 2WDW ECU Flash / CRG LS Mirrors / Seat Concepts Seat / Givi Windscreen / OES Sliders / R6 Throttle Tube / Ohlins YA419 & NIX22

Guest 2wheeler
The flash does a few things that the EJK/PCV can not like decrease the engine breaking
GET THE FLASH! 

The flash does a few things that the EJK/PCV can not like decrease the engine breaking
GET THE FLASH!
Whaaaaat???!!! I have an EJK, it does reduce engine braking (gives it more fuel) but it's true a flash tune can do more. If I had it to do over again, even though I love my EJK, I would've done a flash tune just to eliminate the engine stalling at take off's when my bike had very few miles on it. I recommend a flash tune. 

Beemer

bigdaddybane
You'll only need one or the other, you typically don't want both as it would be a waste of money and they would be fighting each other trying to do some of the same operations. Now for the EJK/PCV vs a Flash, that's more of a personal preference. The flash does a few things that the EJK/PCV can not like decrease the engine breaking and change the fan temp trigger.
EJK did decrease engine braking abruptness ... proven on my bike. ECU flash is the ultimate solution but EJK can be good enough for many.  

EJK did decrease engine braking abruptness ... proven on my bike. ECU flash is the ultimate solution but EJK can be good enough for many.  
While the EJK/PCV does help a little on decel it's nowhere near as smooth as the flash. Coming from a PCV to the 2wdw flash, it's a completely different bike altogether.  
But you are exactly right, the EJK is good enough for most folks, absolutely nothing wrong with it. It will suit the OP's needs.

Xeon

Man, he already has the EJK though. He should be fine with it.

Unless he can return it and get his money back. If he can't, its fine. He still will have a better ride than stock ecu settings.

carolinakid570

Dang thank you all for the input! I already installed the EJK on a rainy day here in NC! I should have asked this question prior, I would have gone with the ecru flash! Live and learn. But thank you all so much for the input!

Archived