The MT-07 Forum

5 State Iron Butt

Elvishpresley

Is this a "thing" with motorcyclists, or something that you thought would be neat to do? Either way it's kinda cool, definitely a "bucket list" type of item. Pics are required when you make this run, also the day after report. Best of luck!

Thanks for the knowledge. Impossible to ride 1k miles in 24hrs here. That would be 5 times around the island in 24 hrs with a single trip taking 5+hrs. Thinking about a long ride like this and the adventures that go along with it make me miss living in the mainland. Guess I'll have to live vicariously through folks like yourself.

As far as I can tell that's not going to allow much time to stop to see much more than the inside of a couple restaurants and a few gas station restrooms but it's your plan and very doable. Back in the day when I had an iron butt I did 1300 miles in 20 hours so you know I wasn't doing the speed limit and that only allowed for quick stops to eat and relieve. Sounds like fun, wish I could ride along. Watch out for that Marshal, Matt Dillon in Dodge City, he loves to ticket! ;)

Beemer

Add a day and head a little further west so you can get to some scenery! Good luck brother and keep the rubber down.

Dan

• Premium Member

Its just over 1k miles to drive around thr circumference of Lake Michigan...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• 2 weeks later...
Elvishpresley

24 hrs is the limit. 1k in that time. Needed a route away from the sun the whole way. Starting in OK this meets that. Bonus is it's also 5 states in 24 hrs

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived