The MT-07 Forum

Headlight Adjustment

JuggernautOfWar

JuggernautOfWar

Simple question. What size socket is needed to adjust the headlight up or down? My headlight is aimed basically into the pavement. Riding home tonight on a rural highway was pretty sketchy with barely any light, I had to cruise with high beams on even with traffic.

2015 Red FZ-07
Yoshimura Works R77 Carbon Fiber Full Exhaust
Puig Dark Smoke Touring Windshield

Simple question. What size socket is needed to adjust the headlight up or down? My headlight is aimed basically into the pavement. Riding home tonight on a rural highway was pretty sketchy with barely any light, I had to cruise with high beams on even with traffic.
10mm socket

JuggernautOfWar
10mm socket
Thank you. Here's another question. Is there a way to turn on the headlight without first starting the engine? I'd like to adjust it now since it's dark, but my neighbors are surely asleep at 02:50. 

2015 Red FZ-07
Yoshimura Works R77 Carbon Fiber Full Exhaust
Puig Dark Smoke Touring Windshield

10mm socket
Thank you. Here's another question. Is there a way to turn on the headlight without first starting the engine? I'd like to adjust it now since it's dark, but my neighbors are surely asleep at 02:50.
i believe you have to turn it on for the headlight to turn on. once you turn it on you can hit the kill switch right away but leave the key on and i believe the headlight will stay on. just don't take too long because it will drain your battery.

i believe you have to turn it on for the headlight to turn on. once you turn it on you can hit the kill switch right away but leave the key on and i believe the headlight will stay on. just don't take too long because it will drain your battery.
I've done it that way, it works. Takes just a minute. On the other hand, I have a cyclops and have my high beam adjusted level so the brightest part of the beam isn't hitting anyone in the eyes. Rarely does anyone flash their brights at me and the ones that do are just overly sensitive, the light isn't in their eyes so I ignore them. I ride day & night with high beams on so I'm seen better and see better. 

Beemer

Archived