The MT-07 Forum

picked up a replacement FZ

jetgirl

I wrote that my bike was destroyed after nearly 20,000 miles and my right leg was seriously injured because of an inattentive driver. I still planned to get another bike when I was able to ride again. Secretly I worried that my leg might not ever heal well enough. PT has been going well. My knee is bending more and I can take a few steps unassisted. I was still going to wait to buy but then I thought "What if my bike gets sold to someone else because I didn't buy it?" I had to have the 2015 liquid graphite. They're a little hard to find at a reasonable price. I saw one last month on Craigslist for $5700. It had 1800 miles on it and some light cosmetic mods. It was 340 miles away from my home. We called the guy and drove down to pick it up. It looked and sounded great! Problem: The seller didn't have the proper paperwork. We asked before if he did, he said yes and he didn't. Really? We drove away saying we'd come back and he promised to get the title and remove the listing. I didn't think it was really going to happen, But it did! We got it yesterday. We were physically unable to test ride it but at only 1800 miles, it should be fine (I hope). The mods are nice but some I'll swap out to my liking.

Black shorty levers and tail tidy are nice.
Radiator guard is okay but I'd rather have an Evotech.
Seat cowl. Eh, doesn't matter.
Tank grips. Not sure if I want them.
Bar end mirrors. Stockers aren't great but I prefer how they look.
Fly screen. Looks nice but so did my Givi.
LEDs. I don't like them.
Chain guard. I don't like it. I can see too much chain. Need stock.

Here's proof that it happened :) .

SDC12671.jpg

SDC12670.jpg

hugson2wheels

Glad to hear you're okay! Congratulations on the new bike. I wish cops would be much more strict with people who text and use their devices without a hands free. ?

If god created us in his image, does that mean god is an egomaniac as well?

That's great news! Hope it keeps healing up for you.

Inattentive kid (or his insurance) paying for all your bills?

Got new red 2015 FZ-07 on 7/22/16!
Black 2006 Honda ST1300 53K miles.

• Premium Member

Yikes.... Great to see you're all in one piece and getting right back at it! The replacement looks like its in nice shape.

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

The kid has no money and was underinsured. His paid for some and mine paid the rest. Been out of work since August. Might be out the rest of the year. 

The kid has no money and was underinsured. His paid for some and mine paid the rest. Been out of work since August. Might be out the rest of the year.

Well that sucks.? Drivers should be held MUCH MORE accountable for their screw ups.

Got new red 2015 FZ-07 on 7/22/16!
Black 2006 Honda ST1300 53K miles.

bellissimoto

Really glad to see this @jetgirl . Please, if you need anythihg... parts or gear, or anything else moto related, let me know and I'll do my best to sort you out and get you back up and running :)

- Paul (Paulie, aka pgeldz)

:)

BellissiMoto.com

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

Congrats for the new ride and glad your recovery is going well. 

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

This is great news! Glad the pt is going well for you and hope you'll be riding soon.

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Premium Member

Congrats and welcome back
Hope recovery goes quick and well.

• Premium Member

Gee-sus...why is it when I hear of an accident down in the US, 99% of the time it turns out some stupid jackazz either doesnt have insurance or in this case enough of it,... so the victim of said accident is told "heh well sorry I mangled you but that's just tough sh*t for you, later sucka!"?? Does anyone have insurance? Whats the mandatory minimum coverage? Its baffling.

IF I were king, as penalty both thumbs would be slowly removed from these idiots with dulled hedge trimmers, they'd then be incarcerated and forced to work knitting toques and mittens (with thumbs) for all the "refugees" that are now streaming across our undefended border.

Its mayhem out there.

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• Premium Member

Glad to see you make out with a nice ride and are slowly healing up.

You seem to be managing well, but have you considered reaching out to the FZ community? I can't speak for everyone but I always pitch in a few bucks to an injured rider to help ease the transition. If we don't help each other out, nobody will. Anyway, just a thought.

Everything went braap.

Archived