The MT-07 Forum

Chicago Burbs

mints

Was curious to see if there any local FZ's in my area (Schaumburg, Hoffman Estates, Carol Stream, Bloomingdale) would like to get together with some of ya guys for rides/cruises. Keeping up to date on RideChi's Facebook but doesnt seem to be to many FZ's on there. 

'16 FZ-07 Matte Silver/Blurple
Instagram:Mintsopoulos

• 3 months later...

Bought my fz 07 last weekend and still breaking in the motor. I'm located in the city but try and get out of it to ride. I'd be up for ride if you don't mind riding with a newbie.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm on the northwest side of the city. I haven't done much riding in the area so I'm looking for somebody to show me some fun roads.

Cool. Would you all be interested in riding Sheridan road? I usually ride from Evanston to just past Lake Forest College. There are couple nice spots with some twisties but most of the ride is very relaxed. here's a link to the route.

https://goo.gl/maps/p51zsLP4AxM2

I'm in Dekalb but I avoid going east of 47 as much as possible. The density of idiots goes up exponentially the closer you get to Chicago.

In the next 2 weeks only July 15th does not work for me. Let me know, I'm pretty flexible for the next week too.

the upper reaches of Sheridan are great for testing your suspension. I used to live in Rogers Park and commuted up to Abbott Labs (165 and 31). All the good riding is west and north of Elgin. The farther you get past Rockford/Beloit things get better. Check out CAMA (https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/CAMA/info) was a good group of people even if the younger members were a little, ahem eager to see how fast they could turn thousand year old hydrocarbons into CO2 and water vapor.

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

Archived