The MT-07 Forum

Foot Pegs

Beemer

Has anyone bought these for their FZ-07? Amazon says they fit an FZ-07 so I was just wondering if I should buy them since the grip would probably be improved. Any info on them would be greatly appreciated. I especially don't want to have to do any drilling (no bench/vice) to make them fit. Thanks!

https://www.amazon.com/Competition-Werkes-GP-Footpeg-Black/dp/B000GRQIGM/ref=pd_rhf_se_p_img_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=9DQ97RMVZS59A20MJJS9

Beemer

When I clicked the link right at the top of the page it says "This does not fit your 2016 Yamaha FZ-07"

And down in the reviews, both of them say that they are for their R1... where does it say they fit an FZ-07?

When I clicked the link right at the top of the page it says "This does not fit your 2016 Yamaha FZ-07" 
And down in the reviews, both of them say that they are for their R1... where does it say they fit an FZ-07?
Well, I've already established with Amazon two years ago what bike I have, a 2015 Yamaha FZ-07 and on the right side of my page there's a button that says garage. I click on it and it shows what bike I have and on the left side of the page it says this fits your 2015 Yamaha FZ-07. I don't know why it says that for you, it doesn't for me or else I wouldn't have put this up. Although now I noticed it is saying it doesn't ship to my location so never mind. 

Beemer

Well, I've already established with Amazon two years ago what bike I have, a 2015 Yamaha FZ-07 and on the right side of my page there's a button that says garage. I click on it and it shows what bike I have and on the left side of the page it says this fits your 2015 Yamaha FZ-07. I don't know why it says that for you, it doesn't for me or else I wouldn't have put this up. Although now I noticed it is saying it doesn't ship to my location so never mind.
That's weird... I don't typically trust what Amazon says fits my bike or not. There are a lot of slip on exhausts that Amazon tries to tell me fit my bike that I know don't. I always make sure to read the reviews and see what people say or what bikes they have first before I buy anything 

That's weird... I don't typically trust what Amazon says fits my bike or not. There are a lot of slip on exhausts that Amazon tries to tell me fit my bike that I know don't. I always make sure to read the reviews and see what people say or what bikes they have first before I buy anything
I know, you have to be careful. I usually read reviews as well before I buy anything but there are only two reviews (not much to go by) and those two people only said the pegs fit their R1's, not that they were for R1's only so to me there's a difference. That doesn't tell me if the size is the same for both bikes or not and it still might be as far as I know. I guess I'll have to contact the seller or Amazon to find out for sure. It gets crazy shopping online sometimes. Just yesterday I was looking at a nice leather jacket and the description said the inner liner came out. Then, in the reviews, there's a video of the jacket and the guy says the liner doesn't come out. Below that review is another with a video of a jacket that looks different (with piping) and the person in the vid says the liner comes out. Gotta love the contradictory info! ;) 

Beemer

• Global Moderator

I changed my foot pegs to R3 ones. They fit perfectly, are very grippy and only around $10 each.

Just went thru the "does this fit" menu these seem to fit the FZ7, 9 and R3. Only 2 reviews - both for R1s. They don't fit the FJ09 however. Whether there's some extra fun needed to get them to fit, dunno.

the R3s are a known choice and pretty cheap. .

Those of you that have bought R3 pegs, you just go to a local dealer and pick them up? And what comes with them, pegs and pins?

• Global Moderator
Those of you that have bought R3 pegs, you just go to a local dealer and pick them up? And what comes with them, pegs and pins?
I got mine from yamahapartshouse.com.  They are $9.94 each.  You should be able to get them from the dealer too, so I would check and see what they are charging.  

According to amazon it will fit a 2015 but not a 2016. I have both in my garage cause the 16 was so new when I got it.

dan

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

Just a bit of advice from my experience... do NOT trust the auto-fitment "tools" on ANY site for anything. Go directly to a real person, however necessary, and find out. Or, in some instances not even a real person can be found who knows. I had one situation, for example, where when I questioned a part fitment (BIG time manufacturer/vendor) I was eventually directed to an engineer housed some distance away from the manufacturing/fulfillment arm of the business. When I expressed my concern to the engineer he checked and said the Website info was clearly incorrect and that no one had caught it, and he'd have to make a trip to the "plant" to correct and check the rest of the part series... sheesh!

Archived