The MT-07 Forum

Ohlins Kit basic

762mm

So I ordered this kit for a 240 pound rider. The kit contains springs, oil and rear shock.

The shock they have calibrated it looks like, but the springs are 0.9 and the oil is Ohlins no.5 (19cst 40c) does this sound correct? sounds soft to me but Im no expert.

What oil level is correct? should I just more or less put half a litre in each fork leg? I see some people say 120mm others 165mm gap

I also got some ebay preload adjusters laying around should I use them or just go stock since its supposed to now be "set to my weight"?

• Premium Member

I would use the preload adjusters so you can fine tune sag.

Not sure on spring rate for the forks.

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

The Ohlins kit is normally one-size fits all but depends on who fulfilled the order if they customize.
What shock spring did they give you?

0.9 fork springs is light, 0.95 would have been my recommendation. 19cSt@40 is also light - that's for cartridge forks. I would have suggested mid-30s.
start with 140mm and then flavor to suit based on how much stroke you're using.

Some of the Ebay adjusters leak something fierce. You may need different o-rings if so.

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

The Ohlins kit is normally one-size fits all but depends on who fulfilled the order if they customize. What shock spring did they give you?

0.9 fork springs is light, 0.95 would have been my recommendation. 19cSt@40 is also light - that's for cartridge forks. I would have suggested mid-30s.
start with 140mm and then flavor to suit based on how much stroke you're using.

Some of the Ebay adjusters leak something fierce. You may need different o-rings if so.

Thank you so much for replying! 
The spring says 01092-49/130 L3815
And preload looks to be 10mm (this itaian handwriting is hard to read)

Would the Silkolene SF20 be a good oil to use? and 140mm gap

To add, redused brake dive is mainly my goal for the front end, stock they feel like a chinese pit bike

130N/mm shock spring is correct. If the chart I am looking at is correct you want Silkolene Pro RSF 7.5w which is a 37. Or Silolene Fork oil 10W which is 34.

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

130N/mm shock spring is correct. If the chart I am looking at is correct you want Silkolene Pro RSF 7.5w which is a 37. Or Silolene Fork oil 10W which is 34. 

Thank you mr Patton!

Archived