Sign in to follow this  
danfz07

Vagabond brake reservoir relocation thoughts

danfz07
All, 

Does anyone have any opinions on the vagabond brake relocation kit?  I'm not entirely sure I want to remove my rear pegs but kind of looked at one side with it off and I am intrigued.  $40 buck does seem like a lot for a piece of steel just bent into a bracket but if it works and fits right it may be worth more than my time.  

Thanks 
Dan

booboobusfz07
You can also use one of the front reflector brackets to mount the brake resevoir. Free is always cool.

KamelReds
You can also use one of the front reflector brackets to mount the brake resevoir. Free is always cool.
  Go on....

It's all about keeping that rubber side down.

Simbadc650
I got it, fast easy first mod. No issues two years later

booboobusfz07
76_1466018444915.jpeg

5mins with a dremel and you have a perfect bracket.
  • Like 1

roawser
I installed it last summer, was shipped to Europe in just a couple of days. Looks nice to me, and no unexpected disadvantages whatsoever, so I can recommend.

2016_07_22_18_20_16_jpg_2016_07_25_08_20_14.png

• Like 1

danfz07
roawser, that looks great with that SC exhaust. The SC was on my short list, ended up with Arrow and couldn't be happier but I do like that SC! Do you have plugs in the bolt holes for the rear pegs? If so, where did you get them and what size??

FYI, my vagabond just came this weekend and is installed!

sab24711

IMG_0152.png

10 min 2 holes and a hammer 

roawser
 Do you have plugs in the bolt holes for the rear pegs? If so, where did you get them and what size?? 

I think I used these or ones very similar to these: http://www.tomacarparts.nl/werkplaats/bekleding-clip/mercedes/dennenboom-clipoem-a0009912895-5-stuks.html You can find them in any decently equipped car parts store. They sent me a bunch more than I ordered and I will probably never use them. For shipping costs, I will send you 4.

danfz07
 Do you have plugs in the bolt holes for the rear pegs? If so, where did you get them and what size?? 

I think I used these or ones very similar to these: http://www.tomacarparts.nl/werkplaats/bekleding-clip/mercedes/dennenboom-clipoem-a0009912895-5-stuks.html You can find them in any decently equipped car parts store. They sent me a bunch more than I ordered and I will probably never use them. For shipping costs, I will send you 4.

Thanks for the offer but shipping over the pond may cost me quite a bit more than just finding some local.  I'll check around an let you know.  Those look like they would fit nicely in the hole left from the stock mirrors too.   
Thanks 
Dan

derekfz

IMG_3540.jpg
Same reflector bracket up front just cut in half. Fits perfect.
  • Like 1