The MT-07 Forum

Vagabond brake reservoir relocation thoughts

danfz07

All, 

Does anyone have any opinions on the vagabond brake relocation kit?  I'm not entirely sure I want to remove my rear pegs but kind of looked at one side with it off and I am intrigued.  $40 buck does seem like a lot for a piece of steel just bent into a bracket but if it works and fits right it may be worth more than my time.  

Thanks 
Dan

booboobusfz07

You can also use one of the front reflector brackets to mount the brake resevoir. Free is always cool.

• Premium Member
You can also use one of the front reflector brackets to mount the brake resevoir. Free is always cool.
  Go on....

It's all about keeping that rubber side down.

I installed it last summer, was shipped to Europe in just a couple of days. Looks nice to me, and no unexpected disadvantages whatsoever, so I can recommend.

2016_07_22_18_20_16_jpg_2016_07_25_08_20_14.png

roawser, that looks great with that SC exhaust. The SC was on my short list, ended up with Arrow and couldn't be happier but I do like that SC! Do you have plugs in the bolt holes for the rear pegs? If so, where did you get them and what size??

FYI, my vagabond just came this weekend and is installed!

Do you have plugs in the bolt holes for the rear pegs? If so, where did you get them and what size?? 

I think I used these or ones very similar to these: http://www.tomacarparts.nl/werkplaats/bekleding-clip/mercedes/dennenboom-clipoem-a0009912895-5-stuks.html You can find them in any decently equipped car parts store. They sent me a bunch more than I ordered and I will probably never use them. For shipping costs, I will send you 4.

Do you have plugs in the bolt holes for the rear pegs? If so, where did you get them and what size?? 

I think I used these or ones very similar to these: http://www.tomacarparts.nl/werkplaats/bekleding-clip/mercedes/dennenboom-clipoem-a0009912895-5-stuks.html You can find them in any decently equipped car parts store. They sent me a bunch more than I ordered and I will probably never use them. For shipping costs, I will send you 4.

Thanks for the offer but shipping over the pond may cost me quite a bit more than just finding some local.  I'll check around an let you know.  Those look like they would fit nicely in the hole left from the stock mirrors too.   
Thanks 
Dan

• 3 weeks later...

Archived