The MT-07 Forum

3 Weeks into ownership, and I'm kinda thinking of selling

z324u

canyoncarver31

It's really depends on what you are looking to get out of the bike and what kind of riding you enjoy. If you are riding freeways or high speed roads, the 07 will be taxing. Not really fun for those type of roads. It really excels at tight windy and slower speed roads. Its light and nimble, with lots of torque that will get you out of corners quick. Like you mentioned, it does need suspension worked out of the box. Clip ons and rearsets are available if you want more aggressive riding position. The majority of the bikes handling can be worked out inexpensively. Now if you are comparing it to a s1000, they are in completely different leagues. You will never get the close to that kind of power. However you could never get the agility out of these other bikes either.

I usually have itches to try different bikes. Ill buy one and  get buyers remorse and end up selling it. I'm happy to say the 07 has stayed in the garage for quite a while and I have no plans on selling it. It also helps that I have a second bike that checks off my other needs.

hugson2wheels

I feel you. I almost sold twice to pick up a couple of lightly used R1s for about 11k ...... But I knew a lot about the fz-07 going in and knew it was in no way anything like a liter bike. I decided to keep mine and replace the suspension with full Bitubo (on order) MWR intake filter, exhaust and a remap the ECU.

That's plenty to keep me happy on such a light bike. And much less than buying a liter bike new or lightly used and then dropping more coin to mod it to my liking. I know one day soon I'll get another liter bike.

Do what ever makes you happy. Life is short!!! If you can get good money for the fz-07 then sell it ?

If god created us in his image, does that mean god is an egomaniac as well?

• 1 month later...

I'm about to sell mine also. I rarely keep a bike more than 18 - 24 months and then I want to try something different.

Archived