The MT-07 Forum

ride351

New member here in AZ where we can ride mostly year round. Love the forum and I have been reading up quite a bit as I have been adding parts. Thanks to all of the members that help everyone out!

Here is my FZ!

furt49.jpg

Welcome to fellow rider! I hail from Austin, TX and riding season is starting to show itself.

Your FZ-07 looks clean! I love that Yoshi exhaust. What else are you planning to put on it?

Here's mine.

You do you and I'll do me.

Looks good! How do you like the aluminum windshield vs Puig one?
I bought mine with the exhaust, but added the shorty levers, LED front and rear signals and HID bulb. Next up is possibly bar end mirrors but I am still on the fence on that and possibly a windshield/front guard.

In terms of looks, the aluminum windshield fits the FZ-07 lines better but the Puig does a better job buffering wind.

I opted to keep the aluminum one because the wind buffering doesn't bother me when I'm on the highway. And it simply looks sharper to me.

As for the HID bulb, take a look at @cyclops ' LED headlight. It's plug-n-play installation and puts out 7,000 lumens. I have it on mine and I love every bit of it. And Cyclops give us members a discount too.

Also if you're wanting to do flush front and rear signal lights, I recommend Motodynamic's integrated tail light and flush LED front signals. I have those on mine and they were pretty easy to install.

Make sure to keep us updated on the additional mods (pictures and everything)!

You do you and I'll do me.

Funny, my HID just took a crap on me a few days ago and started smoking at the ballast. I have been looking at the Cyclops LED one and it looks pretty good. I went with the ebay guy for the front and rear signals and love them so far (about a week), but I will look at the Motodynamic stuff. Thanks for all of the input and I will keep the mods rolling!

Funny, my HID just took a crap on me a few days ago and started smoking at the ballast. I have been looking at the Cyclops LED one and it looks pretty good. I went with the ebay guy for the front and rear signals and love them so far (about a week), but I will look at the Motodynamic stuff. Thanks for all of the input and I will keep the mods rolling!
Sounds like you bought some ebay 25 dollar specials.  I had the same problem too, my first cheapo HIDs lasted 200 miles before crapping out.  At the time LED tech was still behind (2014) and wasn't too good so I manned up and purchased proper 100 dollar (with discount coupon) HIDs.  Going on 3 years now with no problems. 
So if you decide not to go the LED route, you need to actually spend hundred or more dollars for a proper HID set.  Although if my HIDs finally do crap out, I will probably go with Cyclops LEDs.

I visit here at least once a week.  Got any questions, ask and I will answer!

• Premium Member

Welcome!

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

Sounds like you bought some ebay 25 dollar specials.  I had the same problem too, my first cheapo HIDs lasted 200 miles before crapping out.  At the time LED tech was still behind (2014) and wasn't too good so I manned up and purchased proper 100 dollar (with discount coupon) HIDs.  Going on 3 years now with no problems. 
So if you decide not to go the LED route, you need to actually spend hundred or more dollars for a proper HID set.  Although if my HIDs finally do crap out, I will probably go with Cyclops LEDs.

You are correct, I will be going the LED route very soon.

• Premium Member

Welcome! A fine exhaust! ;)

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• Premium Member

I bought the cyclops-3800 and couldnt be happier. There's a 7000 version  as well available from the vendor here.

Spend that money once on quality.

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

I bought the cyclops-3800 and couldnt be happier. There's a 7000 version  as well available from the vendor here.  
Can you tell me about the "cutting the boot" I have been reading about it and your thoughts on it? 

• Premium Member
Can you tell me about the "cutting the boot" I have been reading about it and your thoughts on it?
I wouldnt recommend cutting the boot as doing so negates its purpose of keeping moisture etc out. I didnt need to cut it, install was a bit fussy just to get it all properly set in there but I managed without wrecking anything. I was firm but very careful. Just got to get in there and take your time. I can only speak for the 3800 version. I guess you'd have to ask them if the overall dimensions of the base are the same.

IMO cutting is the lazy route.
The old adage: If its worth doing, its worth doing right.

I have the cyclopes 3800 also, I couldn't get it to fit, though I did try to muscle it some. Decided I didn't want to risk breaking it so I cut it just a tiny bit. That was oh maybe 6000 miles ago- no issues.

Guess I'm lazy... B-|   haha

• 2 weeks later...

I ended up with the 7000 because they were out of stock on the 3800s. This thing is awesome and BRIGHT! I got the rubber basket around the light with some fighting, but I got it.

I ended up with the 7000 because they were out of stock on the 3800s. This thing is awesome and BRIGHT! I got the rubber basket around the light with some fighting, but I got it.
I almost wish my 3800 would crap out. :-S  

Beemer

Archived